Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm having a little problem with the game graphics. I would like to ask for help, maybe someone has been through this and can help me!

I read some threads here on the forum about resolution. And I saw that a lot of people like 1280x720. So I made my game 1280x720.

But I had some issues when I tested on some devices... graphics problems.

Until today I tested it on s10+, note9, note10, s7 edge and s5.

The graphics were good on note10, note9, s10+. But on the s7 edge, and the s5, they were distorted.

I wonder if there is anything that can be done to fix this.

Does it have to do with the resolution? Is there a plugin that can detect the problem and fix it during the game? Maybe change a little bit the resolution, I don't know...

Thank you very much in advance!

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem that we are dealing here is mobile devides market, we are all know that there are many devices with many resolutions and screen sizes so designing a game to be compatible and good looking on most devices will be difficult, so with my attitude and ways of dealing with problems I can suggest:

Keep your game at 720p resolution but ask the forum for plugin that will display message that game cannot be played on device with lower resolution than 720p. Or upscale your game to 1080p resolution so with downscaling you should be fine.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've experienced a possibly similar issue with graphic distortions on certain devices. I've brought it up with Xilefian and, long story short, it has to do with the phones GPU (if I remember right) and there's nothing you can do about it. Of course that's assuming you have the same problem I had.

I haven't had any reports from customers complaining about the issue, so I don't think it's a major problem to worry about, at least in my experience.

thalesgal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Soulrender Thank you so much for the tip!
Keep your game at 720p resolution but ask the forum for plugin that will display message that game cannot be played on device with lower resolution than 720p. Or upscale your game to 1080p resolution so with downscaling you should be fine.
I liked this idea. I don't think I will ban the player from playing the game because of that, the graphics are a little bit distorted but it can be played normally. I´m thinking of use your idea and leave a message saying why the graphics are distorted.

Thank you very much!

Hello @jkweath Thank for stopping by my friend!
First of all I wanted to thank you for the guide to export to Android. It was of great help to me.

I've experienced a possibly similar issue with graphic distortions on certain devices. I've brought it up with Xilefian and, long story short, it has to do with the phones GPU (if I remember right) and there's nothing you can do about it. Of course that's assuming you have the same problem I had.
I haven't had any reports from customers complaining about the issue, so I don't think it's a major problem to worry about, at least in my experience.
Oh It is a pity that there is nothing to be done.
But I'm relieved that it is not something common. Thank you for the informations.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@thalesgal this is, of course, assuming we're talking about the same issue. I don't have a screenshot handy, but in my case the graphics for my Samsung Galaxy S6 appeared slightly "fuzzy" for lack of better words. This only applied to tileset graphics, not character graphics. From what I remember, Xilefian (the guy who made the Android client) said that this is a hardware issue with certain Samsung phones, and that there's nothing he or we can do to fix it.

But, as I said before, the issue seems limited to certain models of Samsung devices. All five of my games are on the app store, and to date I haven't had a single report complaining about graphic distortions.

On an unrelated note, for resolution I personally prefer 1109x624, but 1280x720 should work just fine.

thalesgal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @jkweath I think it's the same issue!!

I took a picture to show you:
grfics1.jpeg

It can't be seen very well from the photo, but here are the problems:
grfics2.jpeg

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, that is the same issue I had, so everything I said probably applies to your case too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKruste