Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi,

So I'm still really green with all of this stuff in RPG Maker. I'm designing a skill choice menu right now using Yanfly's Common Event Picture plugin. All of the icons that are placed are pictures, using x, y coordinates. I also stretched the screen resolution to 1280 x 720, because I liked how much more room I'm given in battle to display HUD elements. What I'm concerned about is if for some reason the player can't play in 1280 x 720 (again, sorry if that's a dumb question), will my menu looked all messed up?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 14

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If the player forces a different resolution your game is still going to keep the same aspect ratio, it will compensate any difference in aspect ratio by adding black bars.

mmiller9280

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If the player forces a different resolution your game is still going to keep the same aspect ratio, it will compensate any difference in aspect ratio by adding black bars.

That sounds like I’ll be okay then. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karuu