coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello friends. I was wondering is there was a possible resolution lower than the default of of 816 x 624 that would still give crisp edges. Not worried about fullscreening.
Or is there a way to keep the resolution the same but crop in the borders of the application window itself?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tutorials is where people who have made tutorials for others to use can post them.

[MOVE]RPG Maker MV[/MOVE]

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are screenresolution plugins that can go lower than default,
But its not really recommend for MV. It's best to keep it on default or bigger resolution
for the gameplay unless you want it for some specific reason why you want it smaller?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, you can go the other way around and use a resized low resolution graphic pack to only pretend to work t a lower resolution. Here are two examples of such packs in the Shop to illustrate:

If that doesn't help you, then tell us why you want to use a lower screen size and we might give you more fitting advice.

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, sorry. I should've been more specific. I'm making most of the graphics myself and sizing up by 2x. i.e. 24x24 to fit the 48x48. Which helps, but I also would like to crop in the screen size a bit because even with 24x24 graphics, it still feels like there's so much noise space and doesn't feel very focused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz