Evil_Nazgul0616

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a cutscene where two of the antagonists cause a cave-in to block the party's path. I would like the screen to shake through the preceding dialogue before the ceiling collapses and the path is obstructed. The problem is however, the screen-shaking will not start. (It works when placed into the event with all the dialogue, but I can't use it in a loop if it's part of that event.) Here's a couple of images of the common event I'm using and the event that's supposed to trigger it:

Desktop 8-31-2014 10-03-21 PM-221.pngDesktop 8-31-2014 10-03-54 PM-461.png
Can someone tell me what's going on?

EDIT: I discovered that the shaking does indeed start, but it starts after all the dialogue has finished. Why is it doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil_Nazgul0616

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDIT: I got it to work by adding a 10-frame wait event between the "switch ON" and the dialogue. Huh, weird.
I believe the "reason" for this is that the game tries to process certain event commands as a "set" before actually processing the results onscreen.  But using the "Wait" command forces it to stop trying to process things in the event until the Wait completes.  So whenever an event doesn't work as I expect it to, I try adding short Waits between certain lines and sometimes that does the trick.  Whenever the event includes "Script..." commands that seem to be handled too quickly as a "set", I also try changing the value of a dummy variable that isn't actually utilized in the game.  For some reason, sometimes that makes the event/scripting process correctly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png
Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InsaneMoxxi