Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with a screen-tearing issue I've been experiencing for a while.

There is a 1-pixel offset between the parallax and overlay image when sprinting vertically near the seam which doesn't occur while walking slowly.

You can see an example of what I mean below. The framerate is consistently 60 fps, so I don't believe it's performance-related. Any help would be appreciated.

I am on version 1.6.2.

Tearing.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is an rpg maker issue and a problem with the way the system itself runs, I remember this vaguely from a thread I saw whilst lurking around and I think they mentioned a plugin that fixes the issue so its probably worth checking out. if this doesn't help though and its really a big issue for you than might I suggest looking into tile-d level editor, there's a plugin that lets you use it with rpg maker and I don't believe I came across this problem while using it. sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I hope this at least steered you in the right direction.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried a "jitter fix" plugin which didn't seem to do anything, and I'm using Yanfly's Core Engine plugin which also apparently includes a "jitter fix," but I haven't found a plugin that can solve this problem, whatever it is.

It's not an optimal workaround, but for now I'm just overlapping the images to avoid an obvious seam and living with the weird jitter effect.

I was using a plugin to bind images to the map, but it was extremely resource-intensive so I'm trying Yanfly's doodad system now instead. It's a little less flexible with conditionals, but it is definitely more convenient.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, this ones a toughy, do you know if this bug is happening on new projects or just one? Also, where you trying both those plugins together or separate, I know if you have two plugins that alter the same thing sometimes you can get error/bugs or they could even cancel each other out? Otherwise I’m stumped for now. Sorry I couldn’t help. :(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat
TextBox like JRPG (Retro):
halloween_test_img.png
Memory of a Halloween party.
Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brunotrevisan