Screen tint based on variable not working?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by NBalchemist, Apr 22, 2018.

1. NBalchemist

NBalchemist Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm attempting to get a day and night cycle working and I'm having trouble with the screen tints. I'm using a parallel common event and 3 variables, minutes, hours and days. Every 60 frames adds 1 to minutes, at 60 minutes it adds 1 to hours and subtracts 60 from minutes. At 24 hours, it adds 1 to days and subtracts 24 from hours. I made an item to check the time variables in game and made a parallel event on the map for screen tints, when the hours are equal or greater to 16, it should tint to sunset. At 19 or greater it should tint to night, 5 or greater to sunrise and 7 or greater back to normal.

I'm using 4 conditional branches with no "else" and I check the item to see what the variables are at. The screen never tints even when the hours are past 16 and I'm not sure how to make this work. Help?

Edit: I'd also love to put in a random or semi-random weather system. Example: Day 5 of one playthrough is a sunny, normal day, but day 5 in a different playthrough is a rainy day.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please show full screenshots of your events, as your description leaves out a lot of information.