NBalchemist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm attempting to get a day and night cycle working and I'm having trouble with the screen tints. I'm using a parallel common event and 3 variables, minutes, hours and days. Every 60 frames adds 1 to minutes, at 60 minutes it adds 1 to hours and subtracts 60 from minutes. At 24 hours, it adds 1 to days and subtracts 24 from hours. I made an item to check the time variables in game and made a parallel event on the map for screen tints, when the hours are equal or greater to 16, it should tint to sunset. At 19 or greater it should tint to night, 5 or greater to sunrise and 7 or greater back to normal.

I'm using 4 conditional branches with no "else" and I check the item to see what the variables are at. The screen never tints even when the hours are past 16 and I'm not sure how to make this work. Help?

Edit: I'd also love to put in a random or semi-random weather system. Example: Day 5 of one playthrough is a sunny, normal day, but day 5 in a different playthrough is a rainy day.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show full screenshots of your events, as your description leaves out a lot of information.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazeymix