Screen Tinting

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've come across a problem in my game that I'm having trouble figuring out. I have a party scene in my game with flashing different coloured lights and to achieve that, I tint the screen. The problem is, that if I tint the screen and check the box the says "wait for completion", all my other events are able to move but my own character is unable to. If I don't check that little box, it automatically skips to the last colour change. Does anyone know how to make the colours change while still being able to move my character?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could flash different colors on the screen using doodads. (as long as your map isn't enormous.)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@just1witness Unfortunately, I have RPG Maker VX Ace and not MV which the doodad requires. Also for some reason the a moderator moved this post to the MV tab. If you know a version that can work for VX Ace that would be great but I'm doubting there is one. Thanks for the help though.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, oops. I saw it was in MV and thought I had you covered! Sorry, I hope you find the answer.

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you're running the event as a parallel process, the wait command shouldn't affect the player.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I'll move this to VX Ace Support so that it is clear what you are looking for. I think it was having N/A as your Primary Use under your avatar that caused the confusion.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need to see what your doing for the events.
If the wait for completion is in an event that has other stuff happening then it will probably never complete.
Script compatibility might be an issue as well. I've seen where if you used a wait on the command the whole game locks up.
You could put the tint screen into it's own separate event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)
Hi there im new to this making thing is there any sources you could recomend for teaching myself, on where to get started.
Ksi
Streaming the Valentine games from the RMN Valentiny event! Drop by and say hi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyakkimmaru