Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
ScreenVariables.js
ver. 1.04
by Krimer

Introduction
Show multiple Texts in any place you want on your game map screen. Text are permanent for all maps unless you delete\hide or change it.
You can use text special characters to show values of your variables or show icons, change color, etc.

Script
link

Screenshot

Author's Notes
All usage instructions is in plugins help.
Feel free to use it as you wish in any kind of projects. Credits not necessary, but you can credit me if you want.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really useful.

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Very cool, thanks for sharing

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweet release.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin is named incorrectly. When you download it, it's screenvariables.js.js
But it's awesome. Hopefully, this won't have such performance problems as orangehud, since using ~30var sometimes it would drop performance by 2x randomly for no reason.
This plugin works with yanfly message core commands like \ow[], \fs[] changing text size or outline etc.

Last edited:

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Hopefully, this won't have such performance problems as orangehud.
It won't as far as i know, even with auto-refresh option. This plugin was written to replace orange plugin in one game back in 2017 :) But if you want to be extra sure, just use manual refresh.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It won't as far as i know, even with auto-refresh option. This plugin was written to replace orange plugin in one game back in 2017 :) But if you want to be extra sure, just use manual refresh.
Would you consider making an option to hide variables behind certain pic id? For example pic id 50 is UI, pic id 100 is a layer which hides variables (fog etc.)
The problem is most plugins like this are not compatible with fadeout effect. The result when loading a map and fadein effect is incomplete.

So I thought I could create a totally black pic id 100 and imitate fadeout command with "move picture (0/255)".

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Would you consider making an option to hide variables behind certain pic id?
No, sorry. But if you want you can use those script calls for fade the whole screen:
Code:
SceneManager._scene.startFadeOut(x)
SceneManager._scene.startFadeIn(x)
x - duration.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, sorry. But if you want you can use those script calls for fade the whole screen:
Code:
SceneManager._scene.startFadeOut(x)
SceneManager._scene.startFadeIn(x)
x - duration.
Do you accept prepackaged kisses as a gift?

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Do you accept prepackaged kisses as a gift?
Sure, why not :D
Make sure player can't open menu during fadeout when using this script call, because opening menu will clear fadeout effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="
Learning Action Sequences!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eillajones309