Those look really cool.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@padr81 - Bravo, my friend! That looks like a lot of fun!

@ekhartpl - Looking good! What is this location ultimately going to be used for?

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's more or less a central spot for most of the game. That red shrine is a portal through which everyone that is banished to this land comes. Some go, but some stayed and well, made this spot a safe haven. Some important NPCs will be located there (blacksmith, merchants), so the player will make their way there often

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@padr81 - That. Looks. Incredible!

What scripts are you using for the ABS?

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@padr81 - That. Looks. Incredible!

What scripts are you using for the ABS?
I'm using QMovement/QABS and QPathfinding. QPathfinding is hard on the CPU with more than one enemy on map but its a godsend for moving the player in narrow areas without him getting stuck.

Couple of little bugs to iron out still, like sometimes the player just freezes, you cant move, the enemies ignore him as if he's gone but the game continues and you can open the menu's etc.. other than that it works great. Its a good combo I find (your art and those plugins).

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realized recently that I have been neglecting the RPG Maker community lately and only posting things on the Discord.

The climbing is a move route from top to bottom, no free-form climbing.
The Mining uses a sprite sheet set up to change directions to perform the animation so the sound can be synched. The Common Event for this sets a random 2-4 ore to be gathered and animates the swings to match the number of ore.

Simple 3-position movable area for a transparent character sprite, on-touch events to Show Picture the image for the currently selected character followed by a Turn Right on each step. Same as Player Action Button Events surrounding the walkable area activate the selection of the current displayed character.

Last edited:

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there something wrong with the forums? Every video you post Zyphli...it's not visible. Lol. I can open the page source and it's clearly in there, but for some odd reason they never display.

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if there's a better place to host them or better way to link, but as far as I can tell, it has somethin to do with how they are processed through IMGUR. I just looked back and see what y'all are, which is how they usually look as soon as I upload, but at some point, they finally start working normally.

-- I went ahead and made a YouTube channel to stick them in. That seems to work better.

Last edited:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I realized recently that I have been neglecting the RPG Maker community lately and only posting things on the Discord.

The Mining uses a sprite sheet set up to change directions to perform the animation so the sound can be synched. The Common Event for this sets a random 2-4 ore to be gathered and animates the swings to match the number of ore.

Simple 3-position movable area for a transparent character sprite, on-touch events to Show Picture the image for the currently selected character followed by a Turn Right on each step. Same as Player Action Button Events surrounding the walkable area activate the selection of the current displayed character.
Looks great dude, what sprite plugin are you using?

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have Galv's Character Animations and Galv's Character Frames which covers Walk Run Idle Jump.
For Climbing and Mining - I have to use Common Events to change out the sprite sheets at the beginning and end of the activity to get the extra animations.

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
https://i.imgur.com/LEIpw0i.jpg

I'm... about 40% done into this one location in my game. It's parially inspired by Boletaria/Yharnam/Undead Burg. Currently it's made up of 6 maps, but it's definitely going to be bigger (probably about 15 in total, and that's just for the outside!).

It's very streamlined, a lot of passages are blocked, for player to not access it. And there's obviously some very odd or very empty spots (like the wall on bottom right just cutting off), but I carefully checked how much player is going to be able to see, and just... didn't really bother with overdesigning things that they will *not* see.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
More of the same but boss battles can get pretty hectic!

Kryptik

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hey Zyphli are those custom characters made in Daz or something like that in the second video? Nice looking animations btw

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The characters are assembled from parts in the 2.5D Resources.

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Okay, all of the outside is pretty much done. Few minor tweaks required (mainly with some shadows/blending), but I can start adding enemies, and filling up the map.

Then the interiors (of which there's gonna be a good few), a bossfight, and... first area done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle