ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Editing those graphics around to fit my "narrative" is... actually quite fun. Broken wall made with Interiors/Walls_1 and Warfare/Building_32.

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ekhartpl I like how it came out. I am also a fan of destroying buildings.

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Still work in progress, as it needs some more stuff to fill in, and perhaps some texturing/decals, but I finally started working on the castle's interior.

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ekhartpl - Coming along! Those stairs are kind of tripping me out, though! Interesting editing effect :)
Thanks! I actually finished the location a while ago, just forgot to post it there

The stairs on the top were probably the trickiest one, as none of the packs you released have sideways gray brick stairs, so I had to edit it around (as usual!).

Also, while taking a break from doing really boring interior maps for Fallen Fort, I started working on one of the more challenging locations - Ascend of Exiles:

Main challenge there is that it's very vertical (if you played Souls games - think of upper Blighttown, The Gutter and 5-1 having a 2d child), and it might be an issue to make in 2d perspective, but well, making games is a challenge itself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With the darkness and lighting effects, it looks really atmospheric! Great work!

AcoBaco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I bought all the packs I wanted and made my first steps getting familiar with the ressources. They are really great, giving me the D&D vibes as I was listening to the Baldurs Gate 2 soundtrack as I created ground stamps in Krita and reorganized all the tiles for fast access (e.g. all trees / plants / stones in one picture file).

There it is. Not bad at all I think :D

Dorfplatz mit Tempel und Markt minimap.jpg

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Inspired by a screenshot in Medieval: Expansion threat I decided to make this little location in my game:

a Prison Tower, accessed via elevator (behind those doors), where a Princess is locked ("A princess locked in a tower. Ironic, isn't it?" - her words in dialogue). She is, as far as pretty optional encounters go, an important help in game - she can turn powerful Essences (dropped by bosses) into special weapons or spells. At some point we can free her, and she'll relocate to the central hub location, as this tower is in place with a good amount of enemies, so repeatedly getting back to her might be annoying!

Also, recently I made my game thread here on forums, so if anyone's somewhat interested about the game, well, there's some info about it now!

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
It took 12 layers to make work but this is a WIP version on how interiors are gonna.

Also if you guys are interested in following the project, click the link it my sig, I always forget to promote it.

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That looks very smooth. I do see some rooms aren't going back to solid when leaving them, but Im guessing 'work in progress'.
I will definitely follow your other game thread, I like what you are doing.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
That looks very smooth. I do see some rooms aren't going back to solid when leaving them, but Im guessing 'work in progress'.
I will definitely follow your other game thread, I like what you are doing.
Thanks, yeah, I'm still tweaking layers etc.. to make things change as needed. Keeping track of all those layers are a nuisance.

Rinober

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm quite impressed by what people are creating with this! Awesome graphics :ehappy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.
So ... uh ... this weekend I have to cut my husband's hair. He searched long and hard - highest mountains, deepest valleys, across vast oceans. All hairdressers are now closed. So it's me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daruyo