Screenshot Thread (PVGames)

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome! And clever use of the building tiles as well! I do plan on making ruined versions of the various building stuff, which should certainly help with this.

Always a pleasure to see what you guys come up with :)

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
upload_2019-6-12_23-28-26.png

TileD really does make putting together a framework for a building quick : D all it needs a small stone oven for the kitchen and some rug tiles to pull the front room together. Hint hint @Jesse - PVGames

Hehe

Last edited:

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know, there ARE rugs in the current Medieval stuff you could use until I whip up more of them :)

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PsychicToaster Looks like a good start. I really like the Sidewalk & Road you ended up with around the outside.

I also like raising the Plaster Walls on a stone foundation. Im doing the same with my house, except on Fieldstone since my setting is more rural. The effect just works so well with the Plaster Walls.

Personally, Im not a fan of so many of the extra beam pieces inside. I feel like the inside should be cleaner, which helps distinguish inside/outside walls.

I look forward to seeing the finished Bar interior.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks ^^. I could make the inner walls smoother, I agree. Updating GIMP so I can get back to it! The exterior road and flora are mostly for show since I keep rendering very grey TileD scenes. So I took my base into GIMP and tried to make an environment around it for show.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey it's more practical than whatever this gigantic thing is I have been building. I'm not sure if I ever actually planned anything, mostly just practicing stuff. Yours looks awesome : D I really dig that kitchen setup.

I am quite proud of that patio though. Just not sure what to actually do with this.
upload_2019-6-17_21-45-37.png

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree, Like the patio. Its looking to me like a restaurant with outdoor seating.

Here's a test room for some edits I started working on last night to make interior walls for the existing Wood set. Getting the Plaster Walls set has opened up so many design options.

Last edited:

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zyphli Nice wainscoting! :cutesmile: I like how you vary the indoor/outdoor look with masterful ease as well. Simple ideas that don't dawn on many of us until we see it. :thumbsup-left:

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Curious if you're just painting the ground textures or layering the decals

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I almost always paste in several copies of the decals - with lots of layers. Sometimes a soft edged eraser to adjust shapes like around my lake edges.

For large areas I may select and fill with the square ground tile first then work from there.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Right on. I use acrylic brushes to paint them. I'm not sure why I have a hard time just layering the decals together. I like to do a lot of small, detailed variation so painting works best for me I guess.

My first roof. I think it worked out. There's a bit of an overlap in the center, but that can't be helped and I don't believe it looks wrong.

upload_2019-6-19_22-59-49.png

Last edited:

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You guys are coming up with some wonderful things, I love it!

@Zyphli - I could whip up some walls that more or less look like what you edited for yourself, if that makes life easier. More variety is never bad :)
I also love your small house that you made. It's a bit cramped perhaps, but definitely well-made! :)

@PsychicToaster - I love the giant building you made! Are you going to fill it up with stuff? It looks like some sort of Inn/Tavern to me.
And the roof - yeah, I am not sure what you could do about that, there are just too many permutations of possibilities to have tiles for every single one, but I think you did a fantastic job with what you had :)

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm definitely going to fill it up. I was thinking manor house, but it's not quite up to the right size. So a large inn is perfect. I'll be finishing it after work today.

The combo tiles would be pretty cool to have : D lol.

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PsychicToaster Looks great! The exterior additions make so much difference, and the roof seems to work. Your NPC's will live in much nicer homes than mine.

@Jesse - PVGames I agree this one was too small (with a pointless entry room). Im still working on finding a balance between too small and too much empty space. It tends to work out better when Im making a playable map since I have to plan pathing more carefully.

I figured you would get to interior style walls eventually. I will end up with a large set of edits anyway, since the important part to me was having the upper edge through the whole house be the same as the outside wall no matter which inside wall is used.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hehe. My NPCs will have a cool inn to drink and sing and get into bar fights in. I decided against a manor house due to the layout. I'm working on the interior right now. Your houses look fantastic ^^. I'll have some rural towns in the setting. This is a prominent inn within one of the larger cities I have planned out.

upload_2019-6-20_20-59-26.png

upload_2019-6-20_21-0-24.png

I started floor 1 first and my ADHD kicked in and I wound up working on the upstairs instead xD so it is incomplete. Still decorating the upstairs rooms. I tried to edit out the metal stand for the fireplace logs so I could have stacks of logs beside the fireplace, but I think I might just have to hope for some future wood piles xD because it didn't quite work out

Last edited:

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to be able to like that 2nd floor more than once.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lol. Still decorating it. Adding some trays and goblets to that fancy luxury suite and I put pillows on all of the beds xD. I'm having a ton of fun with this. Super excited for some rug/carpet tiles : P to break up the repetition of the floor.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My inn is more or less done. The bar could use more decoration, but overall I'm finally happy with it! I've created a three panel image showing all three layers of the bar(Outside, Inside Floor 2, and Inside Floor 1) set in a simple forest scene I whipped up. In this case I guess it's kind of a large roadside inn.

https://i.imgur.com/Yk0Qh3w.jpg

and a bonus image of me pretending to understand lighting for a darker scene

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption