Script 'Cache' line 106: RGSSError occurred. Failed to create bitmap. (FIXED)

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yey, its this wonderful error! Now, I had looked for previous threads on it before for potential solutions, but all of them seemed to be relating to the game making this error while playtesting within RPG Maker. I'm only getting this error when I try to create a demo of the game for others to play. At first it seemed that some graphics were missing, so I copied them into the correct folders, as it was crashing right near the start of the game where a text box was coming up with the face pic of the main character. That pic was missing. I put it in the folder and... nothing changed. Seems weird that when I try to create an EXE file or whatever for others to play the game that it doesn't seem to want to put all of the files in there in the first place... but I've copied over all the extra files from the project folder as well but nothing seems to work. Can anyone out there help me please? :)

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I fixed it all now. Aside from it not compressing all of the image files for some reason, the issue seems to be from having 2 files with the name "drexon", and apparently RPG Maker gets confused despite different file extensions lol...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are the two file extensions? And why do you need two files with the same name with different extensions? Are they the same image?

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What are the two file extensions? And why do you need two files with the same name with different extensions? Are they the same image?
The other file extension was .gch, as I created the character in Game Character Hub, and I saved a master version of it similar to how I would with a PSD file in photoshop.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not an extension that RPG Maker can use, so you're better to have it away from your project folder, along with other stuff required for your project but not used by the engine (your design docs, psd files, whatever)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti