Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like the title says, I need a script call to zoom into the players x, y location. I'm using this for map transfers since I want that zoom effect before you enter a door. The script call I've been using is this;

$gameScreen.startZoom(x, y, zoom, duration);

The problem for me is with the "x" and "y" values. Even if I enter the x and y of the door the camera seems to zoom in, slightly on the side, and I don't want to manually write in the x and y for each door event anyway. If I can make the script call just zoom into the player (party leader) that could easily be copy pasted though.

I'm aware that there probably is plugins that can do this, but I'd prefer to use a script call if possible.

[EDIT; Might as well ask for another script call as well while I'm at it. I'm also looking for a script call to play an animation on a party follower. I thought that this should do the trick;

$game_player.followers[0].animation_id = 1;

But for for some reason it didn't.]

Anyone?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$gamePlayer.x and $gamePlayer.y

As for the animation...
Code:
$gamePlayer._followers[0].requestAnimation(id)
I'm not sure how the followers are habdled exactly, can be missing the _
or can be a funxtion call. But I think this is correct.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg
Thanks for your reply.

So, for the first question, the script call seems to work (I wrote it like this: $gameScreen.startZoom($gamePlayer.x, $gamePlayer.y, 2, 30); ). But the effect is the same as when I directly entered the coordinates for the door, and the camera zooms in a wee bit north-west of where you'd assume it should. It's weird but maybe this is how MV does it? I have no idea why though, or how to fix it.

WcnyyES.jpg

Also, the animation script call didn't work at all unfortunately. I do very much appreciate the help though.

[Edit; I managed to get some help with the animation problem by someone named Baz in Studio Blue's Discord. In case anyone else needs to know the solution in the future, here is the correct script call:

this._character = $gamePlayer.followers().follower(0);
this._character.requestAnimation(1);
this.setWaitMode('animation');

I hope this spares someone else the trouble in the future.

Also decided to go with a plugin for the map zoom after all.]

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

yRMekcF.gif

Run, <null> run!
(sprite got butchered a bit while making gif file...)
WOOP WOOP!
NEW CHARACTER ALERT!!!
Please, welcome to the stage...
Ramona Albright.png

Ramona Albright! A 20-year old World Key Guardian in training (More about the WKG's soon!), She is very impulsive, which leads us to the problem of the game. OOF. Kinda wanna wait till you know how to use the friggin World Key, huh?!
Bust sketch here!
IMG_20220124_110105.jpg
Little-by-little, keep improving your projects. That's how you finish them! ;)
Now it's official: My first RPG Maker game released on Steam will be released this year! I am so glad for this achievement and I am so happy to see a lot of gamedevs like me here working on what we love!
Mais informações no Post.png
Check out my MZ thread for 2 new waterplant edits and my MZVind water autotiles now without ground/cliffs, so you can put them on your own ground-tiles. Have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uperr