Script call or plugin that simulates game pause and blur when you open the main menu

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm looking for a script call or plugin that does not open the main menu, but simulates the game pausing and blurring when you open the main menu.

When I pause the game to open the main menu, I want the game to stay paused and blurred when I use an item from the item menu that runs a common event. The common event includes a Yes/No choice, so I don't want the game to stop completely so that the choice can't be made. Common events run outside the menu, so normally game unpauses and unblurs when they run.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It won't be smooth, but you could achieve the blur effect by using Moghunter's Pixi Filter plugin. When you use your common event, you just use the plugin command option to call the blur filter.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It won't be smooth, but you could achieve the blur effect by using Moghunter's Pixi Filter plugin. When you use your common event, you just use the plugin command option to call the blur filter.

Thank you! Mog has a lot of great plugins :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"
How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyoVsJs