Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay folks, I've been banging my head against the wall on this one for an hour.

I installed YEP_CallEvent so that I can utilize the ability to load ANOTHER map's data (not the current map) and reference it using $callEventMap.

Only...it's not working so well. I set up an event script call as below, but get the associated console error. However, as you can see, when I type the commands directly into the console, it works perfectly.

Event Commands
Console Log

Can someone please help me figure out what I'm missing here? Is this somehow out of scope for Game_Interpreter but not for the console? I'm confused.

(On a related note, if someone can tell me how to embed images from google drive, that would be awesome, because all it ever shows is
IMG when I try.)

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The code looks alright to me. Cannot look at it now, but it looks like you are processing the event too fast. Just like images, the map data needs a couple of frames to be loaded and when you operate with it too fast, it may result in bugs like this one, because the data just is not loaded properly. So I would suggest that you try a wait command.
As for images from Google drive, that's never been an easy job. I've had cases where people did not see it, but I did, even on my own WordPress websites. One of the things that you have to do is to allow access to that picture. But then it's still not solved.

Last edited:

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg you're amazing! A wait command did the trick! One frame was too short to be reliable (failed on the third test), but even at 2 frames it passed ten tests in a row, so I'll bump it up to 3 or 4 frames just to be certain and away we go!

THANK YOU! (I never would have come up with that on my own.)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3
Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!
Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finley