Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello! Been trying to make use of the script call that changes event graphics: game_map.events[].set_graphics("",x) however it seems somewhat lackluster, the speed (i assume) at which the event switches pages is faster and i can see the old graphics flicker in for a brief moment. Any way to permanently (for that save?) set x event graphic on all its pages?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm pretty sure it's not possible with vanilla and would require a different script :0

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The workaround is doubling pages or more.. or switching out all events individually both not very elegant solutions. But if it cant be done ill jump on the next best thing, makes it really hard to design what i have in mind tho. Guess ill go to the scripting boards ^^ many thanks tho! If noone else knows?

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a script call to check if the player has moved onto a different map. Like "if player moves off of this map, then do x"

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, but you can add a "do x" to every transfer event before the transfer command.

It doesn't work any other way because maps are deleted and no longer exist as soon as the player is transferred to a different map.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, how about this. Is there a way to setup an event to make a switch ON after 100 seconds or some other amount of time?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes - activate a parallel process that only contains three command - a wait for the required time, a controll switch ON for what you want and a control switch OFF to deactivate the parallel process.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I was curious. 

How do you check for specific skill types learned through skills?

Like Fire I is of skill type Magic.

Eric has learned Fire I

What is the script call for that?

e.g.$game_actors[actorid].skill_type_learn?($data_skills[skillid])

where actorid = the actor id in the database

and skillid is the skill

by the way, this is for Yanfly's Command List. Trying to hide skill types until skills from the type is learned.

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved this issue. I pulled from Selchar's Hide Menu Skill Type script

def learned_any_skill_of_type?(stype) skills.each do |skill| next unless added_skill_types.include?(skill.stype_id) return true if skill.stype_id == stype end return false end 
Then I put it in Yanfly's Command List

after def next_command_valid? under Game Actor 

where then I called learned_any_skill_of_type(stypeid) with my settings.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask! :D

EDIT2: Another question popped up for me. How do you check if a skill was last used in battle through script calls?

Like let's say I am making a tutorial and I want the player to freely use their skills. However the tutorial wants them to use "Attack".

I want the set up to be if the player doesn't follow the tutorial it will be a harder time for them.

Here's what I mean in conditionals

Tutorial says use Attack.

If player uses Attack

message "Good. Notice how he took damage... *Next Tutorial*"

else

message "Hmm.. that wasn't Attack. The enemy didn't take any damage"

end 

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfmoon Media

Illustrator, Eventer, Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to completely empty the player's inventory with a script call? (Key)items, weapons, & armors?

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for all the help ^^ anyone knows if there is a script call for jump speed? It seems separate from move_speed?

wallacethepig

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Piglish
Primarily Uses
How would I go about rewriting a notetag? For example, I'm using Yanfly's multiple equips script, which uses actor notetags to function. The note box looks something like this:

<equip slots>
weapon 0
</equip slots>

Which means the actor can have one weapon. So what if I want more weapons? I'd put something like this:

<equip slots>
weapon 0

weapon 0

weapon 0
</equip slots>

My question is, how can I do this midgame?

-Wallace

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't.

Theoretically it might possible to change notetags midgame by writing a script for this, but even if you change the notetags midgame it won't have any effect on most notetag-using scripts.

That is because most scripts read the notetag during setup/new game and then never read those tags again.

So what you need to change is the data structure of the script after it read the notetags, and that is different for each script.

If possible, I suggest switching to Tsukihime's new equip manager (not the older version, she has two different scripts for that), because that has an add-on for dynamic equip slots.

QuestionKRUL

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
When I open the item window with "SceneManager.call(Scene_Item)", common events activated upon using items do not work. They work when I open the item window normally. How can I make those common events work after opening the item window with a script call?

Also, how can I open the item window on the Key Item page, or "press" a key with a script call, if possible?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Common events run when you're on the map. Where do you have the SceneManager.call(Scene_Item)? Is it in an event's Script command, or did you put it as part of a script?

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I'm trying to help a person with their evented menu and I was wondering if there was a script call that could pause parallel process events. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no way to pause parallel process events.

Also note, THIS thread is for script calls for things you can do via event commands. If you want to do something that's not possible with event commands already, you'd need to go to RGSS3 Script Requests or RGSSx Script Support for help with that.

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay; I was just wondering, but I didn't really think so since I didn't see any possible way to do it. I'll go try asking in those areas then.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A Pause Command i could also need like in the standard Menu.

When i open the Menu the Game Pauses, but it also allows some kind of input for closing pause or loading game and stuff.

Is that possible with rgss3 command and eventcommand script, i believe lemongreen wanted something like that.

Mireneye

High Chromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
As Shaz covertly mentioned, a solution could technically be evented. It's tedious but you could give all relevant events a "paus" page. And enable it when the menu goes up. Ask for the technicalities elsewhere.

The way that the engine works with menus from my understand is that it creates a new viewport. Or a new "map" kind of. Processing on the other map is suspended because it's no longer being fully processed. Just keeping track of it's old state so it can return to it later.

As such a scripted solution would probably be best. Not to stop event processing, but to build the Menu upon.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to these territories. 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

100 degrees here (38 degrees C) god I need ac
I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rookie