Script Call to Refresh Battle Background in Combat?

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but I can't find any specific details about it online. I'm looking to change the battle background mid-combat, and to do this, it seems that I need to use a Script Call to refresh or update the Battleback. I found a thread detailing the right syntax for this in VX (seen here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/change-battleback-during-battle.102769/), so I'm hoping that there's an equivalent for MV.

If anyone knows the right Script Call, I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Thank you very much for looking =)

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin does the job

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin does the job

Thanks Soulrender! I'd found that plugin before, but I'm really trying to do this without adding an additional plugin to my project - just in case of any conflicts. It's only for one particular moment in my game, so adding a plugin seems like overkill if I can just use a Script Call to achieve the same effect. I appreciate it though! It's a back-up option for sure =)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's only for one particular moment in my game, so adding a plugin seems like overkill if I can just use a Script Call to achieve the same effect.
If you look at the code for the plugin (it's quite small), that's literally all it touches, so I can't see how it could possibly conflict with anything else. But if you're really against it for some reason, you could basically just copy the code out of the plugin into a script box in your game.

The thing is that MV doesn't have this functionality built-in, because it doesn't support changing the battleback mid-battle.

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you look at the code for the plugin (it's quite small), that's literally all it touches, so I can't see how it could possibly conflict with anything else. But if you're really against it for some reason, you could basically just copy the code out of the plugin into a script box in your game.

The thing is that MV doesn't have this functionality built-in, because it doesn't support changing the battleback mid-battle.

Thanks for the info ATT_Turan! I know that MV doesn't have this functionality built-in, but since it was apaprently possible in VX Ace, I was hoping to be able to force the change with some clever script calls haha.

After nearly 6 years working on the one game, and a ton of custom plugins made specifically for it, I'm a little concerned about adding new plugins to the mix and causing unforeseen issues. But looking at the code, I'd say you're probably right. I'll take your word for it then and try it out =) Thanks again for sharing your expertise!

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was hoping to be able to force the change with some clever script calls
You certainly can. If you Google it, there are a few other threads with the question, and a solution with creating an invisible dummy window that you call refresh on. It's just not a single built-in function.

Or use the Hime plugin with it all written for you.

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You certainly can. If you Google it, there are a few other threads with the question, and a solution with creating an invisible dummy window that you call refresh on. It's just not a single built-in function.

Or use the Hime plugin with it all written for you.

Fair enough! I Googled it for hours, and did searches on the forum specifically, but only found VX solutions and unanswered questions.

Appreciate the responses!

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh. I remember when I replied to you before I had quickly found a thread with a fairly convoluted solution that worked in MV.

I mean, you've been going at this almost a week...just use the plugin that's written to do what you want :stickytongue: :guffaw:

If it does manage to conflict with something later, then you can devote more time to rewriting parts of it separately or whatever.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kostec