Script Calls Not Working On One Map

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ATT_Turan, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ATT_Turan

ATT_Turan Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a strange situation. I have a bunch of situations where I want some dialogue to pop up as you're walking through a map, and the most efficient way I've found to do this is to create a line of duplicate events across the hallway and use script calls to set all of their self switches at the end of the event.

It's working fine all over my game, except for some reason on this one map. I can't see anything mistyped with my syntax, and it's working exactly the same on all three events - the event command to set the event's self switch is working, but the two following script calls simply aren't. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

[​IMG]

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you call the same plugin command on similar events on other maps? Or only on this one? I wonder if that has something to do with it - sounds like it's opening a menu/screen, so the event may not continue after coming back to the map.

Try putting all the self switch changes BEFORE the plugin command and see if it makes a difference.

3. ATT_Turan

First Language:
    English
    The plugin command enables an option to be added to the menu, it doesn't open anything. But I thought of that and tried the event with deleting the plugin command entirely, it still didn't function.

So I got it to work, but I have no idea why it works. I changed the map ID to eliminate the leading zero - so from:

$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([017, 8, "A"], 1);to

$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([17, 8, "A"], 1);And it works. But it works on other maps where the ID has the leading zeros - for example, on map 8,

$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([008, 8, "A"], 1);works perfectly. So it seems that for some reason there's something specific about this map or its ID number that causes the script call to not function properly with zeros? :distrust:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  4. Iavra

Iavra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
  5. ATT_Turan

First Language:
    English
    Hah! So it's coincidental that the other maps were low enough in number for it to be parsed to the same value.

Thanks for posting that, I had no clue Javascript did that.