anti-kumbaya
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello-

I was hoping that somebody might be able to tell me what the JavaScript equivalent of this is?

Code:
  ◆Set Movement Route:Player
  :Set Movement Route:◇Speed:6
The RMMV Script Calls spreadsheet has some information on using Game_Character.prototype.processMoveCommand instead of Set Movement Route, but I can see nothing about changing Player Speed.

Thank you!

Traverse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need to look more carefully (or at least, look at the actual code in rpg_objects.js instead of just a spreadsheet, the sheet even tells you to do that). processMoveCommand() is the function that interprets the settings listed when you use the Set Move Route event command. The actual movement logic is done by executing other functions, there are separate ones like moveForward(), moveBackward(), moveTowardsPlayer(), etc that correspond to each of the different individual options on the list. processMoveCommand() just instructs which ones of these to execute based on what you set up.

The function you're looking for in this case is setMoveSpeed(). To change it by script, you'd be using $gamePlayer.setMoveSpeed(x). As you probably know, the default speed is 4, IIRC it goes up to 8 and down to 0.

p0_boy

anti-kumbaya
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to look more carefully (or at least, look at the actual code in rpg_objects.js instead of just a spreadsheet, the sheet even tells you to do that). processMoveCommand() is the function that interprets the settings listed when you use the Set Move Route event command. The actual movement logic is done by executing other functions, there are separate ones like moveForward(), moveBackward(), moveTowardsPlayer(), etc that correspond to each of the different individual options on the list. processMoveCommand() just instructs which ones of these to execute based on what you set up.

The function you're looking for in this case is setMoveSpeed(). To change it by script, you'd be using $gamePlayer.setMoveSpeed(x). As you probably know, the default speed is 4, IIRC it goes up to 8 and down to 0.
Thank you, Traverse!

$gamePlayer.setMoveSpeed(x) worked perfectly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I never realized how much fun destroying scenery by ramming it would be, or how much I keep think "I'm the Juggernaut!" when I do. :LZSexcite:
finally i have some free time
Well, the Danganronpa games are the biggest disappointment I've had playing mystery games. I've never had so much BS shoveled down my throat. They're an insult to intelligence.
OMG! There's a rat themed Steam profile wallpaper for 5k lunar tokens. I want it so badly!
Huh, lots has changed since I've been away...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpurdy3