Status
Not open for further replies.

ZacktheFox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I keep getting an error after downloading The script for game difficulty by theodoric.

This occurs after I win a battle after killing a monster.

Screenshot of Crash

Screenshot of Error line 173 and surrounding codes

what do I need to do to solve this error?

And if you would like me to post the entire script from top to bottom: How do I do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do I need to do to solve this error?And if you would like me to post the entire script from top to bottom: How do I do that?
You post a link to the script only, that's better than copying the script (which could be done by using the spoiler- and code-tags)

However, one question to your problem:

Did you start a new game after entering that script, or did you load a save file?

That error basically tells that some data has not been initialized correctly, and that usually only happens if either you loaded a savegame with the new script installed, or if you made mistakes in the configuration area of that script.

ZacktheFox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You post a link to the script only, that's better than copying the script (which could be done by using the spoiler- and code-tags)

However, one question to your problem:

Did you start a new game after entering that script, or did you load a save file?

That error basically tells that some data has not been initialized correctly, and that usually only happens if either you loaded a savegame with the new script installed, or if you made mistakes in the configuration area of that script.
Yes, I loaded a saved game. I will try a new game and see if that is the issue.

UPDATE: I started a new game, Killed the same monster, and got the same crash.

If it does happen to be an issue with the save file, I have a script that should fix this type of issue for any new scripts added: http://adrarian.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/object-reinitializer/
I will check and if it is indeed an issue with saved files, I would be more than happy to download your script. :)

UPDATE: I downloaded the script. and when I loaded the game my followers glitched up.

Screenshot of followers upon loading game

Screenshot of followers after moving right three times

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, it just a typing error

change line 173 to

@diff_hash.include?(var_value)Sorry for the trouble. And thanks for report

I'll fix it immediately

Note :

Btw, if you found another script error or bug, make sure you post it to my original script thread / post. Just to make sure I and other script user know.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, if there's a thread on the forum here for the script, that's where you should post your issues, because the author is more likely to be keeping an eye on it than searching through other topics.

ZacktheFox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, I'll try it. I just didnt know whether that would be considered Bumping an old post so I didn't want to be frowned upon for doing that. which is why I posted this in the script support forums. 

anyway I will edit this post with the outcome. I'm sure it will work though

Edit: Didn't work

Another error appeared after doing the same thing

This is after i loaded a game though. I will now try it with a new game

UPDATE: I started A new game and it works. 

Thanks!  :)

Arisete™

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I'll try it. I just didnt know whether that would be considered Bumping an old post so I didn't want to be frowned upon for doing that. which is why I posted this in the script support forums. 

anyway I will edit this post with the outcome. I'm sure it will work though

Edit: Didn't work

Another error appeared after doing the same thing

This is after i loaded a game though. I will now try it with a new game

UPDATE: I started A new game and it works. 

Thanks!  :)
Just to give you a heads up for the future.

NEVER load a saved game when testing an edited script.

Instead, set your starting location in the area you want to test at and always use New Game to test the changes.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Shade the Mystic wrote on YouFulca's profile.
I just wanted to drop you a line to tell you that you are flipping amazing. I've listened to a few RM composers over the years, and while they all had their strengths, yours is the only work I'd dare call memorable. I honestly don't think I've heard such amazing RM scores outside of Yasunori Mitsuda, no joke. Keep up the amazing work!
Seamless secret passages just by painting a path with a region id. Simple but slick.
Playing with colour ramps. The first set is the originals, the ones only facing forward in different colour schemes are the new colours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smashbroly