RMMZ Script for "Showpicture" which works in battle.

Saliacoel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am looking for a scriptcall that shows a picture in battle.
I already found out: (from a japanese website)

$gameScreen.showPicture(10,"testpic",1,400,300,100,100,255,0)

But this only works in the normal game, but it does not work in battle.

PS: (unrelated to question)
Is there any kind of a reliable documentation for RPG Maker MZ?
All I found were some broken links and incomplete exel files.
I am wasting hours searching for scripts in this forum, and I such a simple scriptcall like above took me 2 hours to find.

But is there no documentation, which includes a search function, where I can type in "ShowPicture" and boom, i get a couple of results, one of them is like this:

---------
function:
$gameScreen.showPicture(id,picture name,origin,width,height,x,Y,opacity,mode)

example:

$gameScreen.showPicture(10,"testpic",1,123,345,150,250,255,0) //shows picture number 10 of "testpic.png" on the top left corner, with a width of 123, and a height of 345, on xposition 150, yposition 250, with 255 opacity and in normal mode.
------------
I found this:

But here, for example if I type in "showpicture" or "gamescreen" in the search, i don't get any results.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That looks like the correct script call for use in battle or on the map. Note that the width and height values are as seen in the event command; a value of 100 means "100% of original".

If you still can't get it working then here are some ideas:
  1. Is your script call actually running? How are you calling it? If it's from an event, try replacing it with a Show Picture command.

2. Update your project's core scripts via the editor's menu bar: Game -> Update Corescript.

3. Turn off all plugins, save your project to apply Plugin Manager changes, then test?

I think this is the usual "script calls for event commands" reference:
If you're familiar with JavaScript, then an alternative is to look things up in the core scripts. Each event command is labelled by a comment in English, e.g. you can search your project's rmmz_objects.js file for Show Picture to find the code behind that command~

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mekiboss