Script for "strength/balance QTE" (shown in the video)

LootHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hello.

For a project which I am working on with some other people we need some QTE (Quick Time Event) scripts, as our game is an adventure game, not RPG per se. (and with horror element btw)

So I would be grateful if you show  some links to QTE scripts. Especially I'm interested in QTE which is not simply "press one button then the other..." but to keep a slider in randomly moving area. As it is hard to explain in detail, better watch this video:

I would like to use the same mechanic to make events like character trying to keep folding stairs from falling and other strength based challenges.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Have you tried the master script list?

And if you can't find one named after QTE you might want to change your search to something like "Real Time Balancing" script.

I've seen such script before but i am not sure if it's RM or Unity.

LootHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any script for "Balancing" neither general QTE sctipts, except Battle QTE System. The problem with the latter is that I want my QTE happen "on the map" without entering battle mode (as I need to show what's happening on the screen).

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
hmm.. took a look into it and yes, there isn't a balancer/balancing script for RM. Well, probably because RM doesn't have the "physic" concept to start with so no script writers thought of making one. In Unity it's somewhat a built-in function that we can make a balancing UI using hinges and physics.

You might need to describe a little more on how you want it to be implemented to your bridge/stairs.

And how you want your player to keep the balance (by what type of inputs/buttons)?

Is there difficulties involved or all the event uses the same difficulty? etc etc.

You might want to show a quick drawing of how you want the UI to be shown on the screen to ease things up for the script maker interested in taking up this request.

If it's only a random sliding gauge balancing, it's do-able in RM and i bet the script writers reading this will be interested to make one if you provide enough informations (probably able to make a fishing game with it).

But for a physic type balancing gauge (as shown in the picture below), i doubt it's wise to implement a whole physic script into a 2D game just to make a balancing UI even though it's still do-able, just not practical. It's easy to do in Unity but for RM it will require extra work. (Especially since you want it on the Map scene, so one will end up making an engine similar to a platform game with velocities and weight to make it work)

eg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Meow, I got to say, you have a tendency to overthink things. :D

It's a simple shrinking bar moving with a player controlled picture which moves when the player presses left or right (well, mouse movement in Witcher, but it can be done with keyboard too).

Making acceleration for the player controlled bar is easy enough. Checking positions of both bars is equally easy. And that's that, really.

Making settings for different difficulties is really just a little extra which is maybe a few more lines in the script if the script is well coded, that is.

There are no weight values and such involved in any of this. No need for complicated physic things for this at all.

This is a script I will definitely make when I get the time for it. Busy with commissions for now.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
If you read what i wrote above, there's 2 examples. the gauge type (the one you wanted to make for the OP) and the physic type (the one i was using in Unity). And i suggested the gauge type, not the physic type for RM.

As for your "over thinking" comment, i'll take it as a compliment. ;)

It's better prepared than sorry imo. And these didn't even "count" as preparing imo.. you should see the documentations i need to do for the government auctioning projects on hand. THAT'S over thinking. lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

LootHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Yeah, what Sixth said. The difficulty can be based on how fast the bar moves (or how often it makes random shifts). And I also would appreciate a script for ordinary QTE (when a button sequence is shown on a screen and a player has to press them in order to succeed in specific action) on the main map.

P.S. I am still writing a story and dialogs, so I'll wait as long as necessary.

LootHunter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much. I'll check it later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajohac685