Script Issue

Dummus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I downloaded a script and it isn't really working. For some reason whenever I try to start my project, this error message pops up, "unexpected keyword_end, expecting $end" Again, I didn't write this script, and I have no idea how I can make it work. Does anyone know how to fix this issue, it happens with pretty much every script I've downloaded.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It would help if you mentioned and linked which script you're using.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please provide:

a link to the script
a screenshot of the error message
when you get the error message, close the game, press F11, and give a screenshot of what's in the script editor as soon as the window opens - do not select any scripts and do not scroll up or down the visible script.

More detail would be good. What is "this script"? If it happens with "pretty much every script I downloaded" then maybe you've damaged one of your default scripts and it's not an issue with the downloaded script.

Next time please provide more info in your thread title. It'd be nice to have an inkling of what the issue is without having to open the thread to look.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"unexpected keyword_end, expecting $end"
Those errors usually happen with incomplete scripts, or if the scripts were added at the wrong place.
Without details we can't tell if the script you tried is even working or not - it could simply be that you copied them wrong, or it could be that they were damaged before you copied them.

Without links and more details from you, there isn't much we can do.
You can follow the link "how to use a script" in my signature to learn if you might have done something wrong, because it is very unlikely that a lot of scripts have the same problem, that points to something wrong in your project.

Dummus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I downloaded a script and it isn't really working. For some reason whenever I try to start my project, this error message pops up, "unexpected keyword_end, expecting $end" Again, I didn't write this script, and I have no idea how I can make it work. Does anyone know how to fix this issue, it happens with pretty much every script I've downloaded.
Here is a link to the script,
https://ramirormvxa.wordpress.com/scripts/mother-3-status-style/
Screenshot 2020-02-06 19.24.03.png
Here is the error message.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That script is not giving that error message.

This is probably why it's happening to every script you download. You have added a script and not given it a name, so we can't see what the script is that's producing the error.

Go through your script list and ensure all scripts that have content in the panel on the right have a name in the list on the left. Then play your game again to get the error, and tell us the full error message, which will now include the name of the script (or at least the name you gave to the slot the script is in).

kyonides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You gotta know a few things in order to handle scripts properly.

class, module, def, if, unless, while, until, loop or loop do, times, do, for and sometimes even each are reserved terms in Ruby. If you used any of them, you need a corresponding end reserved term to finish that block of code.

Check out if you've got less end's or more of them than you actually need in a given script. Usually any default script you've never modified directly nor hasn't been completely replaced can be automatically discarded.

You shouldn't complain about this tedious verification method because you happen to be quite lucky since it throws an error just in line 17. It could have been in line 1248 or something the like. :p

Dummus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Which place should I put the script under? Right now it is in modules. There also seems to be another problem. I've tried putting it under every category, but it gives the same message every time.
Screenshot 2020-02-08 11.04.55.png

Last edited:

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to put it in a new slot under Materials and above Main. If you're just starting out, I recommend you have a look at the tutorials in Andar's signature above. There's one there about using scripts.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1581203147993.png
new scripts always go in this location, unless you really know what you're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcamp10565