Script issue?

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using the Symphoria battle engine and I seem to have a small issue.

Screenshot (11).png
The icon sprite is off. I've tried editing it, making it smaller etc etc and it still happens. Any ideas why?

Here's the script.

http://symphonyan.org/battle-symphony-introduction/

This is how it's supposed to like as it swings down.

Screenshot (12).png

Last edited by a moderator:

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, the icon. Editing as in resizing it. I thought it was perhaps too big and I made the blade smaller but it didn't work, it still gives me that weird look on the blade. Works fine on other icons I made though.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
If it's specific to that icon, then I don't think the script is the one that needs fix...

maybe try to determine what's different between that icon and the others?

Last edited by a moderator:

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's no difference really, it's the same size as the other sprites and made from scratch.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps you should explain what exactly you're writing about when you say "icon is off".

What is wrong with the icon? the size, the position, the animation, the picture itself,...

Perhap you can make a mock-up where you show how the item would be "correct", because we can only help you when we know what you want to change.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, Now I understand what you want - but unfortunately it's not that easy.

Symphony rotates the icons to give the illusion of the sprite fighting with that weapon. This rotation is done by a grafical function recalculating the picture. Unfortunately those functions aren't perfect, especially if they have to work in a limited time - there is a reason why programs like photoshop need minutes to process some filters on pictures if those filters are supposed to increase the quality of the picture.

The "dent" in the weapon is created by that rotational function, that is why it's not visible in the original icon but only in the rotated icon.

There is no easy solution to the problem - basically the pixels of that icon need to be moved to a slightly different position, so that the recalculation during the rotation no longer creates that dent. However, it's trial and error to find the correct position unless you're very good at rotational mathematics and grafics - and that sword icon is so big that it fills all available place, making it difficult to shift the pixels to other positions...

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I have to resize the whole dayum thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SehoraX