Script Management - Help Me, Please!

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Seijiro Mafuné, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Seijiro Mafuné

Seijiro Mafuné A Random. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi there. I'm having some problems managing all the scripts that were added to the game I'm working on; none of these have broken the game, but they're issues that are causing me some headaches. I don't know how they're doing it because I haven't added any scripts at all; when I got the job, the scripts were already there.

Here's all the scripts we're using, under their 'folder' names:

Optional:

-Yanfly Engine Ace [Ace Core Engine v1.09]

-Ace Party add-on [Party System v1.08]

-Ace Battle System [battle Engine v1.22]

-No Limit [Adjust Limits v1.00]

-Ace Message System [v1.04]

-enemy HP [DaimoniousTailsGames' HP bars]

-MOG - Boss HP Meter (V1.2)

-MOG - Transition EX (V1.2)

-MOG - Battleback EX (v1.3)

-MOG - Scene Character Select V1.2

-MOG - Animated Cursor (V1.2)

-MOG - Scene File A (V1.3)

-MOG - Simple Diagonal Movement (v1.2]

-MOG - Touhou Map Name (v1.4)

-MOG - Anti Animation Lag (v1.0)

-MOG - Animation + (V1.2)

-MOG - Aura Effect (1.1)

-MOG - Kekkai (Bounded Field) (v1.2)

-MOG - Battle Cursor (1.0)

-MOG - Battle Result (1.4)

-anti crash [Graphical Object Global Reference v1.21]

Problems so far: the Battle Cursor often points at the wrong opponent in battle, once there are multiple, non-aligned monsters. I can understand this being a hitbox issue, but...

Battle Symphony:

-Yami's Battle Symphony (V1.14)

Add-on:

-Enemy Character Set

-Holder Battlers

-8D/Kaduki Battlers

-Skill Effect Tags

Do not copy:

-TDS Battleback Stretch [Ver: 1.0]

The other major problem I have comes from the Battle Symphony currently being in the 'facing up, standing at the bottom of the screen' mode. The characters are not being attacked head-on, they're being attacked from their right, and this is not what is supposed to happen.

So there you have it: this whole mess I'm supposed to disentangle. I think some of these scripts are superfluous and were added just because they were 'cool' and without any thought given to their input... but I 'unno. Anyone can give me some advice?

[Other than the Battle Symphony script having different batle positions, none of the other scripts were altered.]

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For the Yanfly scripts, Yanfly suggests putting them in the order listed on his website. Here is the link: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/

I have no idea on the others as I don't any scripts but Yanfly and ones I write myself, but maybe this will help you organize the first few? I do know Yanfly's battle system overwrites some methods, so maybe look through that and see what methods are overwritten, write those down, and then see if those come up again (ctr+shift+f will let you do a quick search to see where else those commands are used). You could then do this with the others and see if maybe you got conflicting scripts somewhere?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Why are there all three battler-addons for Symphony listed? They do exactly the same, but with entirely different sprite structures, and usually only one of them is used - you usually don't mix Holder's sprites with 8D-Sprites.
    I think you need to ask the person who gave you that project for the reasons why some of those scripts were put in.

I don't know most of them, but especially with the sprite add-ons it'll be easier if you check which sprites are supposed to be used and then remove those add-ons that you don't need.

4. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Two more things I'd like to add:

1. The newest version of Yami's Battle Symphony is v1.16c(or newer maybe):

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/6037-battle-engine-symphony/

2. You can try to put all the symphony scripts above the Moghunter ones and see if this fixes anything. Technically speaking, Yami's Battle Symphony rewrites quite a lot of methods, so putting it below Moghunter's scripts may screw up some of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014