Script Not Pasting

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by DeathByGames, Mar 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DeathByGames

DeathByGames Swaggy Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    So I was trying to use the menu script I found in another forum, for my RPG Maker XP game. I tried pasting it in my script editor, and it wouldn't paste. I believe it was because the the script wasn't numbered for each line, but I could be wrong.

Here is the forum.

Help Please!

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How are you trying to paste it?  Did you try both Control+V as well as right-clicking and choosing Paste?

Have you verified that it actually was copied into the clipboard?  If you open Notepad or something, can you paste it in there?

Please do not post the same question in multiple forums.  Once is enough.

You do not need line numbers, but if you've copied exactly as it's shown in that thread, it probably will give errors anyway, due to the forum migration messing up all code formatting.  I will repost the correctly formatted script in that thread.  If you still have troubles with it, please post here for further assistance.

3. DeathByGames

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much! And yes I know, it copied to the clipboard, because I can paste perfectly fine in Google and on Notepad.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    okay, I just reformatted the code and added all the line breaks back in.  Try it again.

If it doesn't work, see if you can copy/paste any other scripts in there.  It may have nothing to do with the script at all.

Assuming you are trying to paste correctly - click in the script list to where you want the script to be (above Main), hit Insert, type in a name for the script, put the cursor in the blank editor box on the right, and paste there.  If you've just inserted a new slot and try to paste without clicking in the edit window, it will not paste, because you are not in the correct location for it to paste.

5. DeathByGames

First Language:
    English
    It worked, it seems it needed the re-format. Again thanks so much Shaz!

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no probs :)