Script Replacements

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by slickdeath97, Nov 17, 2019.

1. slickdeath97

slickdeath97 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Does anyone know good replacements for these Hime scripts: Shop Manager, Shop Stocks, Item Rarity, And Choice Options?

2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So, I would question why you need to replace them? Maybe that is a problem we can solve.
    Second, no I have not seen replacements for all of those. These scripts have specific functions that do not carry to other scripts. However some of the capabilities are found in other scripts. (would have to spend some time looking through my script list)

A good question is what do you need?
    What do you need from Shop Manager?
    What do you need from Shop Stocks?
    What do you need from Item rarity? This one I have never seen a replacement for.
    What do you need from Choice Options? This one is probably the easiest to replace.

3. slickdeath97

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I need to replace them because I have tried to get a hold of the scripter to see if i can use them for commercial use and i have gotten no answer. I don't know if my game will be commercial but i wanted permission just in case.

I was looking through them and no longer need anything from the shop manager.
    I wish to have stocks of items in my shops of specific items, so the player has to be careful of how many they buy.
    I like to have the item rarity because it helps me let the player know that specific items/weapons/armor are rarer and harder to get than others.
    I have a system that I want to put in place with the choice options. I have an NPC that is a shop keeper and a quest giver. I need to make it to where if you get a quest from him then you can still go in and shop, but you can't choose to do quests because you already got one from him and need to complete it first.

4. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  5. slickdeath97

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA