Script Request: Display state's message in battle log when "add_state" and "remove_state" are used

SolemnDream

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya. When one uses a damage formula that has something like "a.add_state" or "b.remove_state" in it, that state's messages are not displayed in the battle log during battle. I absolutely need those messages to display, so I am requesting a script.

If you were to inflict Poison through a skill using the Features box in that skill's page, it would show the message you put for it. Say, "Harold was poisoned!" However, if you apply a state through the damage formula box, you get no such messages. I need a script to fix that.

There are four state messages that should be showing:

• "Message when an actor fell in the state"
  • "Message when an enemy fell in the state"
  • "Message when the state remains"
  • "Message when the state removes"

I'm sure a lot of people would really appreciate the flexibility of this. Solving this would allow you to display messages in the battle log whenever you wanted, including in "if, elseif, else" scenarios. And lots of other things.

Thanks a ton for any support here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SolemnDream

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't finish my work without this, and it's been over 72 hours, so *bump*.

Update: I may have gotten a solution to this, but I didn't get a notification from another board, so I was unaware. Will post back when I find out.

Second update: The solution doesn't work for event commands, which I realize I need. And I also have to use custom script calls, which makes things complicated. Still hoping for support here. Gonna see what I can work out in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sneak peak of my upcoming update! Who's holding her, you may ask? Find out tonight!
10.PNG
BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diskidd