epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, 

I was wondering if it was possible to add to a variable when you equip a weapon or armor. It's mostly going to be a multiplier for damage formulas. So, let's say I want a Spear to have a multiplier of 5 for a thrusting attack, but a rapier only has a multiplier of like, 3. Is this possible without a script that calls common events, because I have a lot of weapons, and I really don't want to make a separate event for each of them.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. 

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't you just use the damage formula?

Edit: In the "features section"

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As far as I know that will require a script and a different damage skill for each weapon. However, if you only have 8 - 9 categories of weapons it doesn't take too long to do it (and I know this as I did this for my game, took up the skill slots 26 - 39 in the end).

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have like, 27 types of weapons. and not enough skills available to give each one a different formula, but, I was wondering if there was a way (script or otherwise) that would allow equipping or unequipping a weapon to change a variable.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by default - no.

There is a script that allows you to call a common event when equipping something, and then you can have that common event check what has been equipped and change the variables depending on that (no need for one CE for each weapon if you check the weapons).

Alternatively, you can request a script that changes variables based on notetags when equipping something - such a script does not exist yet, but it should have enough other uses (not only for damage calculations) so there are probably some scripters willing to do this for you.

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, I shall make a request in the Scripts section, and if all else fails. I'll use the Common Event on Equip script.

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there,

I tried asking this earlier in the support section, but they generously pointed me here. 

I'm looking for a way to change a variable when equipping a Weapon or piece of equipment. Preferably through the note box, I think that would probably be the easiest way to do it.

I know there's a script that runs a common event upon equip, but, I think this could have practical uses as well. I confess, I myself, am not a scripter and would be overjoyed if somebody could help me out with this. 

Thank you.

EDIT: Whoops, Wrong Forum, Could someone move this to the right spot? RGSS3 Script Requests, I believe.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving to RGSS3 Script Requests. Also, we could have just moved your initial thread - no need to post twice :) I'll merge the other.

Did you check the Master Script List? I'm almost certain something like this already exists, though it might need to be tweaked for your purposes.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Find Tsukihime's Equip Events

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Do you want to modify a global variable or something like an additional parameter for each actor (depending on his equipped weapon)?

When using one of the game variables, it probably wouldn't matter which of your actors has that weapon equipped, even if that actor is not part of the current party - unless you are checking the actor or make the weapon only useable for a specific actor.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When using one of the game variables, it probably wouldn't matter which of your actors has that weapon equipped,
Not true. Why? Coz I can use Game_Variable Number 1 for actor 1's stat, then Game_Variable Number 2 for actor 2's stat... And those are all Game Variables... XD

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I wanted to modify a global variable. I know I want to be able to call it up in a damage formulas. I was going to use it for damage multipliers.

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. I guess I was looking for a shorter way of doing it, but, I can do it this way. 

Thanks for the help, guys.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can a script that allows you to tag equips without using common events, but then you'd need to know how to write the formula to set a variable.

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks. I'll mark this as solved.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

zomboars.jpg

Concept art

Zomboars- main enemies in my story
mutant pigs addicted to beer
SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chonkycat