Script to add subcategories in battle menu

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am wondering if there is a script out there that would add subcategories to the battle menu. I attempted to make it through a common event without scripting but it doesn't work all to well. I also searched the web and couldn't find anything on it.

Basically I am trying to do this...

When you are in a battle and want to use magic, You select the magic option. Then, you are given the choice of White Magic, Black Magic, Green Magic, etc. etc. Once you selected the magic you want you then have a list of spells to choose from. Scrolling through 100 spells is not very appealing.

Any idea on how I can make this work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm almost certain I've seen something like this, but I couldn't guess at what the script was called or who wrote it. Did you check through the Master Script List?

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm almost certain I've seen something like this, but I couldn't guess at what the script was called or who wrote it. Did you check through the Master Script List?
Yes sir! Didn't come across anything though (unless I missed it).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting two-level-sorting in the battle commands requires scripts, and as a player it looks to me like too many unneccessary button clicks to get to the skills.

I would prefer games that use the skill groups to place groups like "Black Magic", "Green Magic" on the top level, elimnating the "magic" top-group completely. That is possible completely without scripts and in my opinion the easiest solution for all.

That said, you need to look for a command-manager-script, not any of the skill scripts. there are two or three command manager type scripts on the master script list, and I think one of them has the grouping options you'll want.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think i managed to find what I was looking for (after going through extensive searching). It requires permission from the author to use and he has been inactive for some time so I might not be able to use this.

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/17464-actor-command-sub-menu/

Edit: Nope, this is not going to work. It cascades all skills instead of the ones I define.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS