MoltresRider

Moltres Rider/Dragon Whisperer
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I Googled "Sp-param" script that there is a webpage where Yanfly claims that one of her scripts does just that but it does not/ Despite their claim, this only adjusts the default formula for parameters, not allow you to set a specific boss to have an HRG of +0.5% rather than 1%

1% of a boss that has 750000 HP would regenerate 7500 per turn and that is too much. I need this phoenix to be a little bit more manageable

There are posts online claiming this script can do that: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/extra-param-formulas/

but it can't. That only changes how the formulas work and I do not want that. I want the Phoenix to gain 0.4% each turn, which is about 3000 HP.

I need a script where I can put in any place sp-param is allowed a note tag something like <HRG: 0.4> being health regeneration rate followed by the gain each turn. Theoretically, you could do something like 1.2% too.

Primary uses will be states and enemies but who knows if I will use it for an actor down the road.

B3N4ZC4L

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You want a less multiplier? you could try something along the lines of: <HRG: (2/5)> I'm uncertain if THAT could be the fix to it. (2/5 = 0.4) Otherwise a Health regen of a.mhp*2/5 as the formula should do the trick too. a is the target and mhp = max HP.

Edit: changed the formula to desired calculated reward.

MoltresRider

Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you know anything about RPG Maker?

What you said is not possible. The box only allows whole numbers. I want a script that allows decimals through a note tag

And I never said anything about a formula. I am talking about traits, and I specifically said S-param. S-param has nothing to do with fomulas

Iron_Brew

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you know anything about RPG Maker?

What you said is not possible. The box only allows whole numbers. I want a script that allows decimals through a note tag

Dude, you can't come here asking for help and then when people try to help ask them if they know anything about rpg maker.

He didn't even suggest inputting a decimal, man. There's just no need to be like that.

MoltresRider

Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I NEVER said that.

I am trying to MAKE it a decimal. he is giving me formulas and stuff I never asked for.

For the third time, I am talking about the traits in the traits window. Those only allow whole numbers, I want decimal

Sp-param has HRG and it defaults at 0% and pressing the up arrow makes it 1% and 1% is too much and there is no 0.x option. 1% will recover the phoenix more than the party can DPS for a turn.

Iron_Brew

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I NEVER said that.

I am trying to MAKE it a decimal. he is giving me formulas and stuff I never asked for.

For the third time, I am talking about the traits in the traits window. Those only allow whole numbers, I want decimal

And @B3N4ZC4L kindly told you how. You could even use a variable call through js to determine it.

There is no need to be as bizarrely aggressive as you are being to people trying to help you for free.

B3N4ZC4L

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay

Change your ENEMY's EX parameter to HP regen and set it to 0.4
Kind of ironic how easy that was to find though...ss1.PNGss2.PNG

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So @B3N4ZC4L seems to have misread the original post. Moltres presented the <HRG> notetag as an example of what he wanted - that notetag does not actually exist in the Yanfly script linked to. Nor is there any way in there for it to affect a specific actor/enemy, unless you incorporate a check for that into the formula.

That being said:
I am talking about the traits in the traits window. Those only allow whole numbers, I want decimal
My copy of VX Ace allows decimals just fine. So I don't know what you're typing or reading...

gstv87

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My copy of VX Ace allows decimals just fine. So I don't know what you're typing or reading...
double check that being rounded by the code.
I changed mine because I wanted the same as MoltresRider and had to do some rewiring in the code.
can't remember the whole process, but I concluded that it had to be done through the code because the editor wouldn't work for whatever reason.

Iron_Brew

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So @B3N4ZC4L seems to have misread the original post. Moltres presented the <HRG> notetag as an example of what he wanted - that notetag does not actually exist in the Yanfly script linked to. Nor is there any way in there for it to affect a specific actor/enemy, unless you incorporate a check for that into the formula.

That being said:

Yeah, they posted again too with a corrected approach. Honestly, the readiness and willingness to bend over backwards to help strangers in this community is second-to-none.

It's part of why I'm so baffled when people start throwing their toys out of the pram. I wish all engines had a knowledge base and community as brilliant as the RM community.

I just hope people start showing the community a bit of respect, there's been a number of awful threads tonight abusing people just tryna help. It's mega gross.

Edit: and they posted AGAIN right after this post to help, in spite of being abused by the OP. Like I said, this place is incredible.

Last edited:

B3N4ZC4L

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well inside RMVxAce it also exists in here. I can try this in every engine I own so far

All that's needed is an EX Parameter instead of an SP Parameter.
unlike RMMV & RMMZ, RMVxAce won't show the healed amount to me that is being triggered by the enemy.
ss1.PNG

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have literally zero interest in helping the guy :stickytongue: If you're saying that there's a bug in VX Ace wherein the value displayed in the editor for these parameters is not what's used in the game, you're welcome to help him troubleshoot.

I'm just pointing out that the decimal value can, in fact, be entered into the editor, which was the original point of this thread.

B3N4ZC4L

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have literally zero interest in helping the guy :stickytongue: If you're saying that there's a bug in VX Ace wherein the value displayed in the editor for these parameters is not what's used in the game, you're welcome to help him troubleshoot.

I'm just pointing out that the decimal value can, in fact, be entered into the editor, which was the original point of this thread.
Agreed. A solution was given that works and if it won't work then there is still a possibility of asking for advice again.

gstv87

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ATT_Turan not a bug, more like a buffer protection that backfired.
the value is rounded to integer in the code, even if you enter it as decimal.
I had to reverse the calculation, enter my modification, and then straighten it back.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I changed mine because I wanted the same as MoltresRider and had to do some rewiring in the code.
can't remember the whole process, but I concluded that it had to be done through the code because the editor wouldn't work for whatever reason.
It's converted to an integer but only after the initial calculation, so entering 0.4 in the box would still result in 0.4% regen, or 3000 in this case:

1696117251230.png
1696117271375.png

Iron_Brew

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fact that this answers MoltresRider's question is honestly a byproduct of proving this works to gstv87 more than anything else, but hopefully that'll put this matter to bed.

Still, made I laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I decided that for the video game i will work next year i will use characters from my TCG as main characters for the RPGMAKER game, so expand the universe, that will be a cool :CoOoOL: Here some of my characters :

Ah also yes I'm accepting commission in case tat you ask for haha.
Some people shouldn't be parents. Someone put their toddler in the hallway of the apartment building I live in at 11 p.m.... and let her wander. The heck is wrong with people?!
Twitch! Strean is currently live with some more gamedev! Feel free to drop by~
If you need some maps done, but don't like mapping or just want to focus on other areas of your gamedev, my workshop is alway open! Hit me up!
Someone leaked the GTA VI trailer, so Rockstar just put it out today. Let the hype period truly begin!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkaneDesu