Script to change window battle commands

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Quanee, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,

I'd like to change my window battle command window to show all of the commands at the same time, instead of seeing 4 at a time with an up/down arrow going through the rest of them. Below I'm attaching a link to steam forums I've found a bit useful (it's for width purposes though). But for the love of god, I can't figure out how to work it out based on that.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/363890/discussions/4/1290690669221836815/

Untitled-2.jpg

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-3-battle-engine-core/
    https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/download-page-mv-01/

MogHunter requires "battlehud" folder from /img imported, and just the MOG_BattleHud.js from the plugin folder.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Find the part in the JS files where the number of lines for the Actor command window is set and change it to how many commands you want to be shown.. But ofc better do it via a new js file and alias the method instead of editing the default js file.

3. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think this is beyond me. I'm using MOGHunter's battle hud along with Yanfly battle engine core, both of them (+ basic plugin) are set at 5 max rows, yet it still won't change.

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Can you post a link to both plugins so that people can check them?

5. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  6. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I'll take a look at it more closely later.. but at first glance, on yanflys plugin there are two parameters for rows, one for command window, one for the other windows, for now make sure that the "Command Window Rows" are set to 5 or whatever you need.

Another possibility though is that the two plugins are conflicting but one of them should at least work for the rows.

7. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Already tried that. When I disable Moghunter's plugin it works like a charm, I can put however many rows I'd like through that option w/o any issues. MOGs' batttlehud seems to be an issue here. I can't really drop the plugin though, it brings too much free customization to battle windows.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You should probably ask Mog or Yanfly for a compatibility patch then, they would know how to best approach this.

TBH, its a good idea to stick to one scripter for related scripts/plugins coz these things arise every now and then especially when you use two different scripts that modify the same things.

9. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've had another test, and I don't think it's compatibility issue. With everything besides Moghunter disabled, I still can't force 5 rows to show up via editing .js file, it's mind-blowing, haha.

10. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    That would mean that Mog's script has a setting for it that either you overlooked or is not working correctly. Sadly I cant check Mogs file right now coz Im on my phone and it needs to be downloaded

11. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You're huge help anyway, I've managed to at least locate the issue :D. If you could check it out sometime I'd be grateful, if not, totally understandable.

12. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    That probably wont be until about 2 days from now.. Lets hope that either you finally find how to fix it, or somebody else does within that time :)

13. Quanee

Quanee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorted! Thanks again Adiktuzmiko.

In Moghunter's battlehud plugin find these lines:

// ACTOR COMMAND ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    this._actorCommandWindow.x = Moghunter.bhud_com_x;
    this._actorCommandWindow.y = Moghunter.bhud_com_y;
    this._actorCommandWindow.vis = this._actorCommandWindow.visible;
    this._actorCommandWindow.width = Moghunter.bhud_com_width;
    this._actorCommandWindow.height = Moghunter.bhud_com_height;
    if (String(Moghunter.bhud_com_layout) === "true") {this._actorCommandWindow.opacity = 0};

And delete all of them except the last one, works like a charm.

14. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.