Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I have a strange possibly impossible question to ask the forums. I am looking for a way to script an event to have movement similar to the basic player follower however, I want this to be an event so that the player can turn around and speak to that event.

I'm not really well versed in scripting and I feel like this might be doable without a plugin though I could be wrong so I picked up Yanfly's moveroute plugin just in case, though that doesn't seem to have the functionality I'm looking for. I'm using Galv's stationary turn to allow the player to turn around and face the event without moving towards it.

Edit: I managed to create a second event that tells the follower event to move with the player using an "if" branch however this will cause problems down the line, if the player needs to turn around the event will be right behind them and the player will be unable to move. I don't want the event to have "Through ON" because that causes the player to awkwardly pass through the event and makes it a bit hard for the player to interact with said event.

If anyone has a possible solution or knows a good way to pull off this effect by plugin or scripting I'd very much appreciate it.

Update: I Found an old plugin by Tsukihime that does what I want, unfortunately that plugin is not for the engine version that I am using. If someone could figure out how to replicate this plugin that would be a step closer to what I'm looking for.

Here is how I have the event set up at current.
Screenshot 2020-06-06 16.20.06.png

Last edited:

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry... I don't understand what you really want...
what is the real problem here?
why player can't move if event behind them?
maybe take a screen shot of in game to show what you want will more help

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry... I don't understand what you really want...
what is the real problem here?
why player can't move if event behind them?
maybe take a screen shot of in game to show what you want will more help
Right, I recorded a short vid trying to show what it looks like. Hope this helps with understanding.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to make the video public

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry... still no clue
maybe wait for some english speaker
maybe I confuse by my language knowledge...

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry... still no clue
maybe wait for some english speaker
maybe I confuse by my language knowledge...
Ah that's fine thanks so much for trying to see if you could help regardless!

Fangzarie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a sorta reach around for the problem but I don't suppose I'll close the topic unless I'll get at least one other persons input of the feasibility of my inquiry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com