RPGlover2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,
I want to learn how to make games on RPG Make MV with a bit of scripting. I don't know anything about javascript but I would like to start using commands written in Javascript (not making plugins) like "close()" which makes you quit. I watched some tutorials about Javascript but they teach you how to do something that has nothing to do with it.
Can you say me how to find a tutorial or a list of commands please?
Thanks and sorry for my english

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RPGlover2 the list above are the script call equivalents of event commands, which means that everything there can be done by eventing as well (mostly, there are a few things where you can work with variables that were not possible in the event commands themselves.

But the question is why would you want to use script commands without learning javascript?
If you can't program in javascript most of those script call equivalents will have extremely limited use above their event commands, and you can do a lot with event commands alone.

So the restriction you placed on yourself does not give you any advantage - either decide to learn programming and javascript as needed to make full use of the script call list, or stay at their event command equivalents as that is much easier than using the script calls.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To do any commands you would have to look in the files to learn what they do.
Code:
DataManager.createGameObjects = function() {
    $gameTemp          = new Game_Temp();
    $gameSystem        = new Game_System();
    $gameScreen        = new Game_Screen();
    $gameTimer         = new Game_Timer();
    $gameMessage       = new Game_Message();
    $gameSwitches      = new Game_Switches();
    $gameVariables     = new Game_Variables();
    $gameSelfSwitches  = new Game_SelfSwitches();
    $gameActors        = new Game_Actors();
    $gameParty         = new Game_Party();
    $gameTroop         = new Game_Troop();
    $gameMap           = new Game_Map();
    $gamePlayer        = new Game_Player();
};
These short cuts/actual objects are made at start of game, if they don't have a short cut you can only call it with .call, ect or make your own shortcut by making a global variable and then in the initializing of the "class" make the variable = this; then you can call it whenever in script calls with the variable, but of course most things shouldn't be called with script calls, you would need to figure out what the functions do and why you would want to even call it yourself, using the console to test things is the best and easiest way to do anything. Calling the variable itself in the console will give a huge list of properties which are the easiest way of testing things by simply adding the properties in order so like $gamePlayer in console and expanding it will give you a huge list, then you can add _x as seen at the bottom to it so $gamePlayer._x will print the x coordinate of player. $gamePlayers._followers._gathering will give gathering true or false, which can be changed with $gamePlayers._followers._gathering = true; not that it does anything without followers already enabled, with them enabled it will gather them but they won't disappear unless you change _visible to false.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HamadAhli