Scripts Incompatible with Luna Engine

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am going to start generating a list here of scripts that are not compatible with Luna Engine. Scripts that modify "Menus" or "Windows" are most likely the ones to cause issues in compatibility. Because there are so many scripts out there already, It's about impossible to check them all so if you come across a script that you think does not work. Go ahead and post it here and I will check it.

Though before you do that, please go through these "Debugging" instructions first.

1. Place Script ABOVE Luna
  2. Place Script Below Luna
  3. Disable ALL other scripts
  4. Disable LUNA (If you hit this point, then make a post)
Also, you may run into the "Stack Level to Deep" error which will make it hard to pinpoint which script is the culprit. Use this script to flush that error out. Place it BELOW Main and comment Main out.

#==============================================================================# ** Main#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# This processing is executed after module and class definition is finished.#============================================================================== begin rgss_main do begin SceneManager.run rescue RGSSReset Graphics.transition(10) retry end endrescue SystemExit exitrescue Exception => error scripts_name = load_data('Data/Scripts.rvdata2') scripts_name.collect! {|script| script[1] } backtrace = [] error.backtrace.each_with_index {|line,i| if line =~ /{(.*)}(.*)/ backtrace << (scripts_name[$1.to_i] + $2) elsif line.start_with?(':1:') break else backtrace << line end } error_line = backtrace.first backtrace[0] = '' print error_line, ": ", error.message, " (#{error.class})", backtrace.join("\n\tfrom "), "\n" raise error.class, "Error ocurred, check the debug console for more information.", [error.backtrace.first]end  
List of scripts that are NOT compatible

1. None so far

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tested tankentai and it works, but I'm not sure how much of it works and how much doesn't since it was fast work.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Perhaps list that one with a question mark, for the time being.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested tankentai and it works, but I'm not sure how much of it works and how much doesn't since it was fast work.
Generally when it will not be compatible is about Hud Script and I know Luna Engine use personnal type of Hud scripts 

but it is pretty easy to make a compatibility for them if you meet a incompatibility on tankentai send me a Pm and I will try to fix it 

and also what it will make the system incompatible is ''Personnall'' Damage Poppup made from luna engine If I remember because tankentai use a Standalone Popupp rule who make almost all Damage poppup script incompatible 

the line who needed to be check is the

@battler_screen.x in Damage poppup of luna if they are build like that

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tankentai already has a built in damage popup, so I think you wouldn't need Luna's version? (it has YBE in it though so that's probably why)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tankentai already has a built in damage popup, so I think you wouldn't need Luna's version? (it has YBE in it though so that's probably why)
yes but sadly sometime people want Text poppup and not image file

and Tankentai don't do text poppup

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am pretty sure Yami's Damage Popup is compatible with Tankentai, which is what Luna Engine uses as well.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am pretty sure Yami's Damage Popup is compatible with Tankentai, which is what Luna Engine uses as well.
Hum I will check when I will have time on Yami's damage popup if they are release (not sure)

Zevia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't believe Jet's SBS works, either, unless I'm missing a step. I tried disabling animation_on_hud in the configuration, but the party's sprites won't display in battle. Enemy battlers that have been set to use a sprite still work OK, and animations will properly display where the party sprite SHOULD be, but I haven't figured out a way to get the sprites to actually show up.

EDIT: Natch, you can blame me for reading the thread too quickly. The sprites display OK if Jet's SBS is placed below Luna instead of above it.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've briefly tested the compatibility between Luna Engine and Yami's CATB, and the only issue I found up til now is the actors' atb bars. It seems to me that a :atb_bar hash(like those for hp, mp and tp bars ) is needed to deal with that.

But as even Yami said he won't support it anymore and I've been making compatibility fix for his catb, I might do it myself when I'm really free. If my percentage addon is addressed as well, then a :atb_num hash will be needed also :)

Rhudra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi.

Just a compatibility report (so others won't lose time like I did)

I had compatibility issues with Hime's "Skill type groups" script.

If Hime's script is before Luna : The skills appear correctly in the menu, but not in battle.

If Hime's script is after Luna : The skills appear correctly in battle, but not in the menu.

Finaly I tried to copy the script both before and after Luna and it seems to work for now.

Skills appear correctly both in the menu and in battle, and I didn't got any crash yet.

Regards.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings,

the script : Flash Selected Enemy 1.0.0

located here :

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=46388.0

is apparently incompatible with Luna Engine.

All that happens is that your fightingthe battle its working good then boom , it freezes the game , there is no error code , or game crash , the music still plays , you just cant select anything or do anything,I believe it is the Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Core Engine that it is incompatible with ,which it says on the script page that its most likely not compatible with the battle engine , but i had this in another project that did not use the battle engine ,and i had the same issues using the core and the equip script from Yanflys blog.

-Cazziuz

kupo1kupo2

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Akea Animated (Side View) Battle System

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/37584-akea-animated-battle-system/

==========================================================================

This script works, as in it does not crash the game(when placed above main but below Luna in a bare Luna install) or mess with any Luna engine settings. It works by itself in its demo.

However, you can not configure where the character sprites appear in battle at all when installed in Luna. It's the only thing I can't get to work.

I've gotten this working with the Job systems I want, where you have a different battle graphic for every class with a base graphic in the world map/field. I couldn't configure the others SBS to do so. They don't have the ease of use either. 

Edit: Found Theolized's system, it work out of the box for me. You don't have to error check if you don't want too.

Clariuski-chan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having issues with KMS Generic Gauge  :(

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The battle equipment change scripts from Hime or Yanfly don't work either for me. They do when i remove all luna scripts though... So probably incompatible.

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
HERE: There's destined for something to be wrong here! :p

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/RGSS_VX_ACE.html

The reason that I'm putting this here is that I cannot do this myself. :p This is a really big list. I would like help. I'll post updates as soon as I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.
just posted a song I made for my game a while back... I sampled the HEY from Earthworm Jim's Snot a problem levels lol...
Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redryzen