[Scripts or Tutorials] [JavaScript] Taking Requests

raymadeit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Moving this thread to Resource Workshops, since it doesn't quite fit Plugin Requests.

@raymadeit Please read this section's rules and update your opening thread to include tags and possibly a request template to make things easier on you.
Thanks! Done.

I'd like to see digimon card battle or yugioh card battle.
Thanks for the request! I've updated the OP for instructions on how to structure the request.

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My request is for MV. It's for battles. Simply put, commands are executed instantly, and your turn never ends until you choose a "Pass" command, which then moves onto the next actor. So you can perform as many actions you want, then when you're done, you may pass. Kinda like YEP's Instant Cast, except that plugin implies Instant abilities are the minority. In my case, it's the opposite.

My estimate is it could probably be done within a day or 6 hours at most, considering it's so simple.

As a second idea, which no worries if a second request is too much; A small custom gauge in battle that measures MP like Mario 64's circle/pie health bar.
unknown.png
The graphic doesn't have to be this wooden Mario 64 head to be exact, it's just an example. The important part is the circle, with pie segments. Each segment representing 1 MP. An option to use images for the graphics, and an option to define the number of segments (6, 8, 10, 12 at maximum) would be nice. It'd be positioned near the top left of the screen (But an option to position it yourself would be great), and it's important that it'd be updated in real time, much like the HP and MP gauges. so if your max MP is 6, you'd have 6 segments. And if you execute a command that uses 2 MP, it'd remove 2 segments counter clockwise. And if you were to recover 2 MP, those segments would show up again.

My estimate for this one is a little longer, I imagine. It's still just a gauge represented with images though, so I wanna say probably 16 hours at most?

raymadeit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My request is for MV. It's for battles. Simply put, commands are executed instantly, and your turn never ends until you choose a "Pass" command, which then moves onto the next actor. So you can perform as many actions you want, then when you're done, you may pass. Kinda like YEP's Instant Cast, except that plugin implies Instant abilities are the minority. In my case, it's the opposite.

My estimate is it could probably be done within a day or 6 hours at most, considering it's so simple.

As a second idea, which no worries if a second request is too much; A small custom gauge in battle that measures MP like Mario 64's circle/pie health bar.
View attachment 241581
The graphic doesn't have to be this wooden Mario 64 head to be exact, it's just an example. The important part is the circle, with pie segments. Each segment representing 1 MP. An option to use images for the graphics, and an option to define the number of segments (6, 8, 10, 12 at maximum) would be nice. It'd be positioned near the top left of the screen (But an option to position it yourself would be great), and it's important that it'd be updated in real time, much like the HP and MP gauges. so if your max MP is 6, you'd have 6 segments. And if you execute a command that uses 2 MP, it'd remove 2 segments counter clockwise. And if you were to recover 2 MP, those segments would show up again.

My estimate for this one is a little longer, I imagine. It's still just a gauge represented with images though, so I wanna say probably 16 hours at most?

Hey Tixerp, here's your first script request. Let me know if you run into any issues or it's not working as you expected.

As for your second request would this MP Circle appear for each actor? If so what would be the default positioning of each actor's MP Circle?

Also thanks for the accurate hours estimate and for following the template. I appreciate it! Given that I dedicate about 10 hours per week, I was able to finish your script within a week of your request date.

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Tixerp, here's your first script request. Let me know if you run into any issues or it's not working as you expected.

As for your second request would this MP Circle appear for each actor? If so what would be the default positioning of each actor's MP Circle?

Also thanks for the accurate hours estimate and for following the template. I appreciate it! Given that I dedicate about 10 hours per week, I was able to finish your script within a week of your request date.
Thank you so much! It's exactly how I imagined, except I do have one problem. I have a troop event that plays in my battles at the end of a turn (After both the party and enemies actions). Except with this plugin, the event now plays after every action. So the games logic is now interpreting each action as the end of a turn. Is there anyway to fix this potentially?

And sorry, I forgot to specify for the second request. Personally, I was just imagining one circle would appear for the leader only. But, if these plugins are made with versatility for all kinds of projects in mind, then it probably would be helpful for others to display every members circle. In which case I'd say, they should probably align like this, as it's a pretty generic and versatile layout.
example.png
So aligned from left to right, actor 1, 2, 3, and 4's MP, above the Battle Status window.

raymadeit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah got it, can you send a screenshot of what this troop event looks like? Want to make sure I test with the same details.

Thanks for the detailed explanation on the MP chart! Will add to my list and take a look when I can :)

Tixerp

dumb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah got it, can you send a screenshot of what this troop event looks like? Want to make sure I test with the same details.

Thanks for the detailed explanation on the MP chart! Will add to my list and take a look when I can :)
troopevent.png
With this troop event, it should refill the whole party's MP after everyone in the party and the enemies have had their turns. Thanks again!!

Roxus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am new so I don't know if a plugin for this exists (I couldn't find any)
Description: A plugin for MZ that gives the look of player falling and rising in air.
What I am thinking of is a top down view of sprites, by default the player sprites size is normal but when you press Z the size of sprites decreases not the size of other objects, only player sprites and when you press X the size increases to normal.
Presssing X again increases the player sprites.
Basically giving the illusion of watching the character falling and rising in top down view.

The above is the main thing I am looking for but I also hope it is possible to modify other sprites and tiles, decreased and increased in size to give the illusion of depth and height. Not sure if its possible to have different size of tiles on a single map. (Maybe by paralaxing I can achieve that effect though but I will have to try)

I really hope at least the first part is possible, if you can make time to do it I would be really grateful.
I did put this request at another place too but I am not sure if its possible, so I will leave this here too.

Here is a very rough example.

Attachments

• a1 copy.png
    a1 copy.png
    770.1 KB · Views: 1

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helenbish