b108

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. I'm kinda new to this I mean I just got RPG maker like 5 days ago, and well I've been searching high and low and I can't find an ammo thing. Like final fantasy and stuff and I was wondering two things actually. The first is where is it and the other is do I make if so how do I make it? If someone could please get back to me I just wanna know cause no offense the whole no ammo thing kinda ruins some of what I wanna do with the classes I'm working on. See what I'm going for is things like throwing knives for a specific class as well as bombs consumable ammo for the guns and bows. Also How do I get more than 5 slots in Terms for equipment

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both things need scripts, and there are several scripts available that provide those functionalities - but most probably you searched for the wrong terms, because they aren't called "ammo" scripts.

For the ammo effect, you'll need a skill cost script. There are several available and they give you a lot of options for defining costs, not only different formulae for MP/TP/HP costs, but also the option of costing items on skill use - and then you simply define an item as your ammo.

To change the equipment slots, you'll need a so-called equipment manager script. Again, there are several available depending on what options you really want for your equip slots and equip types.

I would suggest you follow the link "how to use a script" in my signature, it will not only explain to you how to use them, it will also link you to the master script list where you can find almost all english scripts.

I suggest looking for the skill cost and equip scripts from either Yanfly or Tsukihime as those are probably more compatible to other scripts compared to several of the smaller solutions

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I assume that you're using Ace from your profile, if you're using a different RM this will need to be moved to the correct script/plugin forum again

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmectaMyLife