devisous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make a cutscene, and I have it set to scroll map up 14 tiles, but it just flat out isn't moving.
This is what the event looks like.

1653524335170.png
I'm not sure what might be causing this issue.

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The only reason I can see from the event that this might not work would be if you're map doesn't have 14 spaces to scroll through... I would check that first and maybe think about plugins that could cause a conflict if that doesn't do it...honestly, though, I don't think many plugins would interfere with this either...

devisous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only reason I can see from the event that this might not work would be if you're map doesn't have 14 spaces to scroll through... I would check that first and maybe think about plugins that could cause a conflict if that doesn't do it...honestly, though, I don't think many plugins would interfere with this either...
I counted the map and it should work.
I will check my camera plugins for conflicts though, maybe SRD Camera Core is conflicting?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how large is the map and what is the screensize?

but if you have a plugin for camera movement, you should use that plugin commands instead.

devisous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how large is the map and what is the screensize?

but if you have a plugin for camera movement, you should use that plugin commands instead.
The map is 17 x 25 and the screen size is the default. (816 x 624)
I'm looking through my camera plugins to see if there's any commands I should use.
I just wish that instead of having to make complicated scroll map events, we could set it so that the map autoscrolls to a certain XY coordinate, that would be so much easier. Hopefully they implement it into Unite.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you map is x 17 and h 25, what is the starting position of the player?
where does the camera starts?

if they start on top or close to top, it wont scroll.
does the actor move or just the camera?

and there are plugins to set camera on the CY position.
Galv has one that is plain easy to use, there are more as well.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the screen size is the equivalent of 17x13, so the MAXIMUM vertical scroll is 12 tiles (map size minus screen size).
and that scroll 12 can only happen if you are at the bottom of the map, if your starting position is any tile higher the maximum scroll distance is even lower than 12 tiles.

that is because the scroll can never leave the map, and the screen always has to be filled.

so no,
you miscounted and it cannot work at 14 tiles scrolling even with optimal positions.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.
Two new amazing plugins from @NhatNguyen! Footsteps & Stamina. Video on Twitter showcasing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandrolion