Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Scrolling Description Window v2.1
Drakkonis

Introduction
This plugin lets you have descriptions of almost any length by turning the help window into an auto-scrolling window.

Features
Auto-scrolling with customizable speed, wait timer for scroll start/stops, and two modes for when the window reaches the end of the text. It can either reset to the start, or start scrolling in the other direction. Vertical and horizontal scroll modes supported.

How to Use
Mostly just plug and play. Only 4 parameters to customize. When writing your skill/item descriptions, the editor only allows two lines, so you'll have to write everything in long lines, or add to them with your own scripts. Manual line breaks using "\n" is supported.

Plugin Commands / Script Calls
No plugin commands. Might add some in the future to allow dynamic setting changes if people want it, but usually one set of settings is good enough.

Terms of Use
Free to use for any project, commercial or otherwise. Credit me if you wish, but it's not required.

Download
Scrolling Description Window
Save that to a file name "Drak_HelpScroll.js" and add it like any other plugin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Could you make an horizontal scrolling version too?

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Possibly. Since the vertical scrolling works just fine, it should be simple enough to make a horizontal option. I'll look into it tomorrow. It won't be compatible with word wrapping, though, since getting everything to fit in the available horizontal space is the POINT of word wrap.

Last edited:

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could you make an horizontal scrolling version too?
Done, it's now part of this plugin, with a parameter to choose the scrolling orientation. Depending on how long your scrolling text needs to be, you might run into a small problem with a simple fix written at the end of the help section. Unfortunately the method for fixing it is user dependent, I haven't yet found a good dynamic solution.

artemisa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day.
Why doesn't work the "\n" function?

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good day.
Why doesn't work the "\n" function?
Differences in exactly when and where escape characters are checked. I fixed it, v2.1 has "\n" working properly. Could have sworn it was working originally, but I overhauled the code several times trying to get it to work properly before the initial release, so I think I accidentally broke that part and never double-checked that it was STILL working. My bad.

artemisa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Differences in exactly when and where escape characters are checked. I fixed it, v2.1 has "\n" working properly. Could have sworn it was working originally, but I overhauled the code several times trying to get it to work properly before the initial release, so I think I accidentally broke that part and never double-checked that it was STILL working. My bad.
Thank you very much.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Untitled Project.gif

Feel free to subscribe, cuz im gonna release it first there.
https://crashykk.itch.io/crashykk-retro-tileset
and_remember_tomorrow_beside_myself.jpg

The worst part about making custom stuff is, I can't really ask any of you why a second copy of the character randomly appears only when going SW, S, or SE and changing directions. Been bugging me for the last two days. On the plus side, look at the new random map pieces I made while thinking about it.:LZSexcite:
RPG Maker News #11 | Mech Battlers, Angels of Death on Console, New MZ Plugins & Music Packs

forgot I drew Riley's message bust ages ago. They might be one of the most unique characters in the game so far.
37 years old...
What hath possessed me to start rapping, Lloyd only knows.

I think the worst part is, I am actually really good...

no... actually, the worst part is writing a song about bum rushing Gandalf to stop Frodo...
I don't even listen to rap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatCocker