♥SOURCE♥

Too sexy for your party.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Freebies_ScrollingHelpDescriptions.png
 ​
This script makes the second description line displayed in Help windows scroll if the line is wider than the window.​
 ​
By default, the text is shrinked to fit it into the window, but using this script, the text will be kept in its perfect dimensions and instead, the line will cycle horizontally at the desired speed.​
 ​
Read the header for more info and watch the video below to see it in action.​
 ​

​

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Another brilliant script from Source!

Thanks! :)

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spectacular, very useful script!

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've delivered yet another great script. Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I seriously have to applaud you for releasing so many high quality scripts to the community. You bring a new pedigree of professionalism to this branch of game development.

As always, fantastic work here. Absolutely stellar.

KoldBlood

Innovation from Limitation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi SOURCE!

First off, thanks for this awesome script! I'm loving it, I've been wanting longer descriptions for awhile now!

The script works great except for two little quirks, I'm not real sure what's causing them but I know exactly where they occur:

-The first one only occurs during battle. Whenever you are in the Item or Skill selection menu viewing an item with a scrolling description. If you cancel back to actor selection the scrolling text will remain on screen even though you are no longer looking at the item and will not disappear unless you view another item that doesn't have a scrolling text.

-The second one only occurs when you are using an item on an actor from the main menu. When you select for instance; a Potion with a scrolling text and it asks you which actor you want to use it on, the scrolling text is written over the face and hp of the first actor. Like it's overlapping the Actor selection menu.

At first I thought I had a conflicting script but I started up a new project with only your script and it still does it.

These are the only bugs I've found so far, other than that, the script works like a charm! Not sure how difficult it would be for you to fix this but if you could I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

KoldBlood

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bump.

I managed to fix the issue with the overlapping text when using items on actors in the main menu, so this is no longer an issue.

I still haven't had any luck figuring out how to stop the scrolling text from staying on screen during battle though.

♥SOURCE♥

Too sexy for your party.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Updated to 1.0.1! Grab the latest version from Pastebin!

I seriously have to applaud you for releasing so many high quality scripts to the community. You bring a new pedigree of professionalism to this branch of game development.

As always, fantastic work here. Absolutely stellar.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment!

Hi SOURCE!

First off, thanks for this awesome script! I'm loving it, I've been wanting longer descriptions for awhile now!

The script works great except for two little quirks, I'm not real sure what's causing them but I know exactly where they occur:

-The first one only occurs during battle. Whenever you are in the Item or Skill selection menu viewing an item with a scrolling description. If you cancel back to actor selection the scrolling text will remain on screen even though you are no longer looking at the item and will not disappear unless you view another item that doesn't have a scrolling text.

-The second one only occurs when you are using an item on an actor from the main menu. When you select for instance; a Potion with a scrolling text and it asks you which actor you want to use it on, the scrolling text is written over the face and hp of the first actor. Like it's overlapping the Actor selection menu.

At first I thought I had a conflicting script but I started up a new project with only your script and it still does it.

These are the only bugs I've found so far, other than that, the script works like a charm! Not sure how difficult it would be for you to fix this but if you could I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
Hello! I'm glad you like it! 

Bump.

I managed to fix the issue with the overlapping text when using items on actors in the main menu, so this is no longer an issue.

I still haven't had any luck figuring out how to stop the scrolling text from staying on screen during battle though.
Did you find the little patch for the overlapping issue? :3

The other problem should be fixed in the update. Let me know if it isn't and if you find anything else!

KoldBlood

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated to 1.0.1! Grab the latest version from Pastebin!

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment!

Hello! I'm glad you like it! 

Did you find the little patch for the overlapping issue? :3

The other problem should be fixed in the update. Let me know if it isn't and if you find anything else!
Works like a charm! Thanks SOURCE! And yes, I found the patch for the overlapping issue.

Thank you for taking the time to help, I'm a Visual Basic code writer myself and I have a great understanding of coding and how it works so I can usually look at code and make a fix myself but for some reason when it comes to Ruby it just stumps me like hitting a brick wall! I spent 3 whole days trying workarounds and just couldn't figure it out. Ruby makes me feel stupid to coding all over again, I know it shouldn't but it does, LOL. I'm glad there are people like you out there to help!  :D

Anyway, thanks again, I'll DEFINITELY be trying out more of your scripts... I'm especially interested in "Effectus" I saw while I was on your website. I'm currently getting like 8 - 15 FPS in my first town right now and I have it split into 4 smaller sections so it would be a MAJOR improvement to my project!  ;)

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Latest patch has the above error present. Additionally, it doesn't seem to play nice with mouse scripts, causing a jittering effect.

Plainview

Man Behind the Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's an awesome script! I also use your Effectus script as well! Keep up the awesome work!

Although, I also noticed that something odd as well. If you select and item or skill with a description, then have another character attack, the description of the last item or spell used will be visible under the attack message.Other than this problem and the ones listed above, it seemingly works fine. It could also be that I'm using Yanfly Battle Script, but I dunno... Anyway good job with the scripts, they're awesome!

Feldschlacht IV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I just want to say this script is perfect for my needs. However, is there a way to set the scrolling text on the top line of the Help box instead? 

Last edited by a moderator:

leafgun

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have a copy of this script?

EDIT: oops i am dummy

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The full estate map(include 1F,2F,3F and backyard), yes the backyard is a small labyrinth as well as an entrance to a real labyrinth!
Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grazzok