Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Scrolling States v1.1

Created by Neon Black

What is it?
So with many of the default settings, there's only enough room in battle to show two states per character. Even with more room, if you use a lot of states (like I do) you tend to run out of room fast. This script will cause state images to cycle and show a certain number of the states for a certain amount of time before cycling to more states. This means you can have any number of states in an area as small as 24x24 and still show them all.

How can I use it?
Simply place the script in your project anywhere above main and set the only setting in the script and you're good to go. The script does the rest automatically. The only setting is the timer setting. Simply set this to the number of frames you want to wait before changing up the displayed states. Remember that 1 frame = 1/60 of a second.

What does it look like?
3laoG.gif

What does it work with?
It only overwrites how states are displayed, so as long as another script doesn't alter this or how windows update, you should be good. If you have any compatibility errors, just post them here or PM me and I'll get on it as soon as I can.

How can I get the code?
Version 1.1 (base script, 11.14.2012) is available from my pastebin account here.

I would like to use this code.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.

Author's Disclaimer:
There's not really much to say about this script. I tend to use a lot of states, so I needed a way to be able to see them all. This was a fairly simple script to make as well, so it didn't take me too long to make.
Also, I'm a bit backlogged on the scripts I've released and have about 10 sitting in a project still waiting for me to look over them and document them. Consider this the first of several scripts I'll release of the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Updated to version 1.1.

Improved how states are stored to prevent stacking but provide better refreshing.

Also made it so state rectangles store the area behind them, preventing a bitmap clearing error.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got like a sudden surge of wish lists overnight. :)
headshot_headshot.jpg
The theory has been proved. Based on an invisible image's data(the big red dot in the previous image), RM can identify different parts of an enemy and do something respectively. :kaojoy:
Ok.. coding what should be a simple "everyone is petrified and therefore dead, now go to game over screen" shouldn't involve needing to become Dr. J and dunking from the free throw line(my way of saying "jumping through hoops").
Hmmmm... how many xrays til I get super powers?
..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ketchy