ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few quick questions about the RPGMaker MV Scrolling Text Object.

When my game screen is square (400x400) I can center the scrolling text object text by manually placing spaces at the beginning of each line (very inefficient).

However, I extended the screen using YEP_CoreEngine Plugin (that's a Yanfly Plugin) to a Screen Width of 1104 and a Screen Height of 628.

It looks like the Scrolling Text Object does not "expand or extend with it" and remains fixed at 600x600 regardless of where in the game, I place it.

TextIssue.png

If I try and center the text by manually spacing it further to the right, it ends up going down like a carriage return, which tells me the Scrolling Text Object itself is still the same size it was before I extended the screen using YEP_CoreEngine Plugin.

I would ultimately like to center the text but because it appears the Scrolling Text Object itself does not adjust to the new wider gaming screen, I am unable to push the text further right to center it.

Is anyone aware of "some way" I can adjust the Scrolling Text Object that that is becomes wider and takes up the correct proportion of the elongated screen?

Last edited:

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to figure this out myself ...

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually... just found this... https://biud436.tistory.com/93
Works great! You probably don't need it anymore but I'll leave it here in case any more poor unfortunate souls stumble across this same issue.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

OktoberLove, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

It would have been better if you started a new topic, but since you solved your problem anyway...

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2dweeb6ae