Scrolling Text?

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Improvement Boards' started by RaynRayn, Jul 26, 2018.

?

Should VNM have a scrolling text feature?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RaynRayn

RaynRayn Queen Lesbian Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    (Not sure if this in the wrong forum, breaking the rules, or already in the program.)

Scrolling Text Feature in Visual Novel Maker

• Allows you to add scrolling text for things like cutscenes, introductions, and credits
    • Helpful if you have multiple people who worked on the project
    Why is this feature good?

The reason I am saying this is, well, @/Viaviolets, @/Meeksfox, a few others and I are all working on a "bisexual" dating simulator project. Not only that, but we have resources from other royalty free sites and we would really like to credit everyone that're going to help put this thing together.

Plus, it would be good for others who have multiple people who worked on their project, like me. Or even for lengthy introductions without the """hassle""" of using the textbox.

Issues that may arise

Some complications that may emerge from a scrolling text feature is, of course, the inevitable bugs and glitches. It may make projects run significantly slower or even force them to crash. (I'm not too good with coming up w/ reasons that features may not work, whoops)

If this feature is pre-existing, just lemme know and I'll report this post so the mods can take it down and such. Thanks in advance! <3

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    You can use the Show Text command, make it appear off screen and make it move up slowly.

RaynRayn likes this.
  3. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    for this, the methods would involve: draw the text, dispose the text, update the x and y coords, repeat until false

that's how I would handle it. if you need pseudocode let me know. but the principles for animation are basically the same for every engine, draw, dispose, update, repeat until false.