SE Interval/Pausing

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MurphySlaw, Dec 26, 2016.

1. MurphySlaw

MurphySlaw Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys!

I'm working on implementing stepping sounds in my game. I used Syndicate's tutorial to implement a solution using Yanfly's region ID solution, which works great so far!

Now, my only problem is that I use custom animations, which gives my character very clearly discernible steps. Using just the basic common event to play the corresponding SE, the sounds play way too quick in order to match with what the character's doing.

I tried using the wait command, but that pauses everything, including the player's ability to move. Is there a way to tell the event to wait 20 frames inbetween it's iterations without pausing everything else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If the event is a parallel process, it shouldn't cause the payer to stop moving. Try making the common event parallel (generally controlled by a switch) and trying again.

3. MurphySlaw

First Language:
    English
    The pause now doesn't pause the game, but the sound now keeps playing continuously while the character is on the specific region. Is there a way to make it happen only once per tile?

EDIT:
    I've found a solution for the sound playing continuously, which has now brought me back to the problem with the sound speed. This current solution has the sound playing in too quick a succesion again. In order to make communication of the current state easier, I've made a screenshot with the necessary explanations. (I'm working with a German version, hence I hope you guys are able to make sense of my translations)

rpgmaker-shot.png

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
  4. MurphySlaw

First Language:
    English
    I'm bumping this thread since my last input happened at a very inactive time, and I really need input on this ASAP.