Genesis7

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I apparently either have a script the removes the sound, or it was never there and i didn't notice.
Either way, I couldn't find a snippet so I made it myself.

All this does is play what ever you define as Actor Damage in the database, when you take damage from floor tiles (or poison if that works for you, it didn't for me and I had to create a common event to do poison I don't know why).

Paste below all other scripts to make sure it doesn't still mess up.

This is an overwrite method, it's default except sound.play.

EDIT:
Use as you please no need to credit.

Code:
class Game_Screen

def start_flash_for_damage
    start_flash(Color.new(255,0,0,128), 8)
    Sound.play_actor_damage
  end
end

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Genesis7 Please edit your post to say if you want to be credited, and if so, how.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

thanks to a lot of lunatic coding... my game finally has a stun mechanic that I feel really good about. damage enemy's mental psyche (mp), and once empty, hitting with certain attacks trigger combos that can stack the damage.
Waiting for the 1.40 update before testing out my copy of MZ so that I don't end up adding unnecessary work to my plate. Meanwhile the current fourth draft for my story is taking shape, and I'm fleshing out the lore as I realize how things would make better sense here and there for the world that I'm building.
Sword_of_Dusk wrote on BCj's profile.
Just found out about your complications. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I wish I could do something substantial for you, but our distance from each other makes that an impossibility. Still, if you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here.
Candacis wrote on BCj's profile.
I don't know, if any words will help right now, but here is a hug. And my offer to help you with Escalia, if you ever want or need help with it. Tiles or mapping especially.
MZ weather + title screen update is here! (Also includes MZ and MV RETRO demo project updates)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddyloll