- Mar 14, 2020
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
The map transferring feature in MV is traditional. Fade out, change map, fade in.
This plugin provides a seamless way of transferring. Then you can make world map like pokemon.
You can see there are different maps drew with different tilesets. Auto rain event in map 1 and auto snow event in map 4. Also traditional transfer from map 1 to map 2.
- Only render two maps
- Auto load and render connected map when the screen is scrolled to the border of current map
- One line note in each map makes everything work
- The connected map is just rendered, no event will run until the actor moves into that map
- Only handled webgl, no canvas, but should not be a problem
See the plugin help section.
Free for any use. Even modify this plugin and claim as yours is ok, but just give credit to the first author.
Something to say
First of all, thank Lanza Schneider for solving the heavy lag problem when rendering two maps.
I am a game maker not plugin maker, I will not add more features unless my game needs it.
So if you require other features, please ask someone else to add.
But, I will still fix bugs.
If there is any updating in the future, I will update this thread.
Notice that the very first frame MV renders the whole game, the tilemap is not rendered while actors and events are rendered. That's maybe because I change a little the way of loading and rendering for effciency reason. Not a big problem though, just first several frames.
One more thing, many people confused with my plugin and the Japanese plugin FTKR_ConnectingMapGenerator.
Let me tell you its drawbacks:
1. It merges all maps into one map. So it causes a big problem that you can only use one tileset for all maps. Otherwise all other maps will be rendered by the same tileset of the first map.
2. Merging maps and loading data of all these maps takes a lot of time. It makes map exceed 256x256 but you still can't make a really big map due to some other limitations.
3. The event id in one map cannot be the same. So it shifts event ids of map2 by the total count of events of map1. Then it does the same thing to events of map3, map4, etc. Then you can't use event id in anywhere. If you think you can do the shift by yourself, consider that you already merge 100 maps and wanna add 1 more event in map1.
4. Finally, since it's one map, all events will run when the map starts. If you have a event that only work when the actor moves into that map area, you need to do some extra work for this.
I'm not saying that plugin is useless. You can still use it if your game uses traditional transfer and you wanna make a map exceed the size limitation. It's just not work in my case.
2020/08/10 v1.0.6 Fix a bug that resetting the moving animation when switching maps so that the animation may look strange
2020/08/01 v1.0.5 Fix two bugs.
1. When actor moving to a touch point on the connected map, he will keep going event reach the touch point.
2. In the case when the actor stands at any corner of the main map and there are two maps connected (only one connected map will be showed), if the actor moving to the map which is not displayed, he will move into the map that showed and at a wrong position.
2020/07/30 v1.0.4 Fix a bug when switching maps, the 2nd map's note is not analyzed so that the map notes except this plugin's do not work
2020/07/01 v1.0.3 Fix a bug when moving into the connected map an error will be printed in the console, this bug does not affect game though
2020/06/30 v1.0.2 Fix a bug that the game will crash when returning to title scene and restarting the game again
2020/03/25 v1.0.1 Fix a small bug of checking whether the connected map needs to show
2020/03/21 Upload the first version