bfamig20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using the built in Rain BGS, but the loop is pretty short. I've recorded and looped my own, longer rain BGS and it loops seamlessly when played in any other audio player. But when I import into RPG Maker VX Ace,  I can still hear a frame of silence where the file stops and then starts looping again. It's pretty distracting… is there any way to fix this? Maybe some way to export so that it's optimized for RPG Maker?

cremnophobia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Could you tell us its file format and length? Might help.

bfamig20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sure - The native format was an MP3. I then I tried converting it into an ogg. Both have the same result. The track is about 22 seconds. It might be worth noting that it doesn't loop perfectly when played through quicktime or windows media player. But loops fine in WinAmp, Logic and Garage Band (on Mac).

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could you try opening your sound file in Audacity (or any other sound editing program)?

Just to be sure there really isn't a space in the sound wave at the beginning or at the end of the sound effect.

bfamig20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Problem solved -  I just tried opening it in Audacity and it didn't loop correctly. It had looped correctly in Logic and GarageBand, but for some reason Audacity didn't loop it perfectly. I trimmed the front and back of the clip in Audacity slightly so that it looped correctly, then exported an ogg and now it works in RPG Maker. Thanks for the help. I never used Audacity but in this case, it seemed to be the most useful. In the future, I guess I'll go through Audacity before exporting to RPG Maker.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MP3 always has problems with looping. That and the file size of OGG make OGG the better format to use for audio.

BoluBolu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Audacity is good to check the flow of a sound, sometimes you cannot rely on a music player because we didn't know if your system is at the best performance when you open the player. In some player the sound might play like what we expected(delaying playback or else), but not with others, but actually we didn't know the truth about it, try to play it in other PC, it might different. For this Audacity is the good choice to use not only it will show us the waveform but it let us to do many things, and importantly we can rely on this. Another choice is using a DAW to deal with your song, although many DAWs is not free and usually expensive. But anyway, gald to hear that you've solved your problem :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How goes the game make?
Broke: Relating to and acting like Sephiroth
Woke: Relating to and acting like Kefka
Took me almost a year to flesh out this concept but hey, now it works.
01.gif
Part 1 of 24 pieces of our world map
I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saradas