alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey friends out there,

first of all i hope that you are all save and fine?

Im not sure but I thought there was a Tutorial or an Example here or on official Website or RPG Maker who shows how to implement a small MiniGame using QuickTime Event. I just dont know how to search in Engl of that or maybe you have an idea how to make that (or a link to a Tutorial).

The MiniGame is just simple:
Like in this pic there is a field with one small line. At the top a Arrow goes fast left and right. Only when the arrow is on that line and the player press enter (or something else) it should "cut" a tree.
I think my biggest problem here is to count with Coordinates while the the arrow is moving. I want make that in Database as one every map the player should be able to cut a tree with that minigame.
Is there something out or a Suggestion how to start?

minigame.jpgThanks a lot!

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks a lot, it really looks like this. Thanks Lady_JJ - I appreciate!

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry, one thing. I started to work with that Tutorial. Just i really dont get it in my brain, how the Value for X 348 comes up. My englisch shouldnt be so bad, but i cannot follow up how he come up with the 348 in the beginning for set the X Coordinate Variable.

Can anyone help me, maybe someone understands it better?

Thanks a lot - I really appreciate. Im sorry for bother you again, i really want try to rebuild this tutorial that i get familar with that but at the moment im strugglin with that easy thing. As my coordinates of the screen are different i have to find out what is X for me (as my screen width is 816)

Thanks a lot
- AL-

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What is the width of your background bar image? In the tutorial, the background bar is 408 and the screen width is 1104. The center of the screen is 552 (half of 1104). You want half of the bar to be left of center and half to be right of center. Half of 408 is 204. 552-204=348. So that's how she got 348.

If your screen is 816, then center is one half of that (408). Divide the width of your background bar by 2 and subtract that amount from 408 and you'll get your starting x coordinate.

It will probably be better to direct any of these questions directly to the tutorial so that, in the future, if others have questions regarding the tutorial, they will see the discussions.

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You mean to ask on the Blog or is it also shared here in the forum. Because then the next time i will of course for everyone directly post that. But as i saw there was no comment function (or my brain is today absolutley shakeing)

The Widht of mines is 417 pixel. But as i saw on that Tutorial it has 416 not 408. But now i should know how to make that

Thanks a lot, that helps me very much!

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're correct, @alcaporzel . I thought you could post to the blog, but it doesn't look that way. Keeping the discussion here will be the best solution then. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Our garage has been so full since moving we haven't been able to get our car in. Storm night before last (no hail), storms forecast for last night & today. I convinced hubby we should clean out the garage and we managed to get it done and get the car in. Hail last night! Just in time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaijinDeity