Sora_7672

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey peeps!
I'm freshly into RPG Maker MV and search for anyone who wants to teach me more about it.
Just looking over how you work and ask questions about would help a lot.

Short info about me:
28 Male and learned software developer for PHP/SQL Webinterfaces
Sadly after learning that and got my certification, i couldnt get a job in that area
MV is my goal to get back to programming more and finally use my brain capacitys, so that i dont overflow with creativity :D
(I'll probably want to make a big turn based RPG with loads of unique ideas)

If anyone want to share knowledge i should learn you are free to post here.
Also i would like to join developer streams to see what you guys do :)

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just look in the tutorial section of the forums. You can also look at other peoples questions and learn from the solutions

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Moving to Introductions/Farewells.

It's almost impossible for anyone to be a personal teacher since that would take so much time, but if you run into any issue you can ask in the right section and I'm sure someone would be able to help. As Oddball said, reading through tutorials is a great way to get started.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Welcome to the forums~ Hope you have a great time learning about MV and making games. As you're new, you can check out the tutorial section of the forum and read the help file. Also take a look at questions posted by other users and the solutions. I'd say play around with the engine first and look for solutions as you get stuck. That's the best way to learn. You can post questions in the forums where you'll get a lot of help. And if you want, feel free to pm me. I'm not that busy nowadays so I'll be happy to help

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The best place to start is with Andar's compilation of info for new users. In particular he gives links to 2 playable tutorials, one for the Event Menu Command and one for Switches and Variables. Being interactive most people can learn more in a couple of hours than you can from any amount of watching videos, or just reading text. The bonus is that you can open the Event tutorial in your editor and see how it was done. (You can do the same for the Switches & Variables tutorial, but only if you have Ace.) Those 2 aspects are absolutely fundamental to making a game, and if you spend a little time on them now and get a solid grasp of them, you will save a vast amount of time and frustration in the future.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akahi